Feeding habits.

rainbows_x

Mummy.
Reaction score
I hpe this doesn't turn into a debate, I am genuinley curious, especially as Ava has gotten so picky recently.

What foods do you define as a 'treat'
How often do you give them.
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day?
Do you ever give ready meals?
What did your child eat today?

As I said I am curious, I am really strict with Ava's feeding, she has had chcolate a couple times, alway had a homecooked meal, but sometimes she is isn't interested and I wonder what quick meals people give? I really hate the idea of giving her any microwave meals etc, but do people do this?

:flower:

J was doing amazing with food, until o/h started giving him chocolate! Past few days he hasn't had any and is back to eating everything we cook again! :D
Usually his food routine is something like..

Breakast - porridge (different flavours) or weetabix
Snack - banana or crackers
Lunch - cheese on toast/sandwich/
Snack - A bag of organic goodies/fruit/(this is where he used to have chocolate too! but not anymore though may start again just occasionally though)
Dinner - Spag Bol/Jacket potato with beans/sheperds pie and veg

Thats usually something along the lines of what he has x
Today he had:
Blueberry and apple porridge
Piece of toast
Half a chicken sandwich and a pack of goodies
Spag bol with meatballs instead of the mince, he ate it all too!
x

What foods do you define as a 'treat'? Chocolate, cake that kinda thing
How often do you give them? Not often at all. Probably less than once a month
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? Not always no
Do you ever give ready meals? Yeah the Annabel Karmel ones are great
What did your child eat today? Breakfast - Cheerios & toast, Lunch - Chilli, rice & peas, Tea - Annabel Karmel chicken and veg pasta
:thumbup:

What foods do you define as a 'treat' treats for us are a small bite size candy (which they dont usually have at all maybe twice a month), puff, yogurt melts, fruit bar etc.
How often do you give them. I give jovanni twice a day but he needs the extra calories because he is underwieght jr also gets them twice a day because I feel bad :blush: (they dont get candy twice a day)
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day?yes
Do you ever give ready meals? yes
Jovanni
7oz of whole milk
B:some spoonfuls of fruit loop cereals and half a banana
S: plum and one bite size candy
L: ramen noodles, turkey ham sandwich, cheetos :haha: ( i let him have some usually dont) with some sneaky sips of watered down coke :blush:
6oz of whole milk
Still has one more snack, a small lunch and then dinner with dessert :thumbup:

Jr:
6oz of whole milk
B: half toast with strawberry jelly, a bite of banana and one fruit bar
S: half a plum with one bite size candy
L: ramen noodles, 1/4 slice of turkey ham, cheetos with some water down coke about three small sips
60z of whole milk
The same as Jovanni still has one more snack, a small lunch and then dinner with dessert

ooooh it says treat not snacks :dohh: lol well his treats are candy, ice cream, chocalote (candy and chocolate maybe twice a month) ice cream twice a week maybe we really never have ice cream in the house

I know with lane we are very strict with his diet he only eat orgnaic stuff and most if not all are homecooked meals.he has never has any sort of candy chocolate ice cream. The most he has had is organic carrort cake with organic cream cheese iceing ( which I made from scratch:happydance:)

For breakfast- normally he has eggs or oatmeal or organic pancakes( i make from scratch) with honey and fruit.
Lunch- he has home made fish sticks or chicken nuggets or grilled cheese on rye bread.
dinner- he usually eats what we eat whole wheat pasta with colligreens breaded chicken, with organic mashed potatoes ect.
snacks- organic pretzels, carrots, the big on is bananas or apples.

Today-
breakfast 2 organic eggs with cheese, 1 banana, and rye toast
lunch- home made fish sticks with an apple

we have not gotten to snakc or dinner yet. :haha:

What did your child eat today? Breakfast - Cheerios & toast, Lunch - Chilli, rice & peas, Tea - Annabel Karmel chicken and veg pasta

I've never heard of these! Where do you get them from?

I've never heard of these! Where do you get them from?
Sainsbury's cos its closest to me but I'm pretty sure Asda and Tesco would do them too :) They do lasagne, cottage pie, fish pie, some rice thing... Maybe more variety in other shops. They're really good :D

Forgot to add pudding for lunch was a yoghurt and for tea was a fruit bar :p x

ETA: Looked online and Tesco and Asda don't seem to do them, just Sainsburys then I guess :shrug: Asda do their own 'Great Stuff' ones though

I give quin a homecooked meal like once a week. :(
umm snacks he has one on the weekend normaly at my parents..
:)

What foods do you define as a 'treat': Chocolate she loves milkyway buttons, chocolate digestives she doesn't really like anything else that would be classed as a treat, not even cake :lol: she definitely doesn't take after me there.

How often do you give them: Hardly ever, we don't have chocolate in the house (i eat it all) plus she gets way too messy with chocolate anyway.

Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day: Yes, mainly at tea but it's getting to be more twice a day as she's gone off sandwiches so i have to cook omelettes etc for lunch.

Do you ever give ready meals? We have twice, the little dish ones, she hated the chicken korma but the spaghetti and meatballs one she ate, it's quite hard though as she needs finger foods and most of them have to be spoon fed and she hates that. I might start giving her a few when she learns to spoonfeed herself but not often as they're quite expensive!

Cheerios & rice krispies
2 cheese, courgette and tomato muffins & 2 sticks of cucumber
Melted cheese, ham, mushroom, pepper & tomato wrap & some raisins
Chips, cod and peas & 2 grapes

Brenna gets at least one home-cooked meal a day .. usually at dinnertime, when I cook for everyone :)

For lunch & breakfast I give her Gerber puffs for starters, then she gets her main course: Like fruits & veggies usually, or re-heated leftovers from the night before :thumbup:

For nighttime, she gets an 8 oz. bottle .. which we will be working on weaning within the next month.

Her snacks are Gerber puffs & baby mum-mum's .. they are her favorite!

I'd consider treats anything from chocolate cake, chocolate bar, brownies, etc. She's had a few tastes of treats, but never the whole thing x

What foods do you define as a 'treat': Chocolate, cake, ice cream, etc.
How often do you give them. Very rarely, once a month if that.
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? Pretty much every meal she eats is home cooked.
Do you ever give ready meals? Not really anymore.
Breakfast: Cheese toast and 4oz of milk
Lunch: Cut up beef hot dog and a crescent roll, 4oz of juice
Dinner: Haven't had dinner yet, but most likely left over lasagna
& she's had another 6-7oz of milk between her two naps.

What foods do you define as a 'treat' - sweeties, chocolate, crisps, biscuits (he hasn't had sweeties or chocolate)
How often do you give them - urr a couple crisps i mean 4 or 5 every couple days :shrug: he had his first taste of biscuits today
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? Usually, unless I am in a rush. He usually has 'fresh' stuff, other than jars.
Do you ever give ready meals? he has had jars, they have a lot of variety of stuff i would/could never cook
What did your child eat today? oh dear. two 7oz bottle, one at 7am and one at 10am. then for lunch he had cauliflour cheese i made and some carrot sticks. i think :dohh: then for dinner he had lentil soup and a fish finger. the soup was made yesterday and an orange. then he had an 8oz bottle before bed. he had 3 skips and 2 custard creams today! it was his first ever biscuit and he loved it. then he fell and hit his head on the wall and he was proper screaming, holding his breath for aaages then screaming :cry: i was at my friends and she offered him one and he was still sobbing and he took it, so i didn't want to take it off him.

Max has 'homecooked meals' every day (they cook them fresh on site at nursery)
and normally he has a sandwich or something on toast for dinner that we make.
We give him treats like goodies snacks and fruit and the occasional chocolate button :dohh: but thats only about once a month.

We normally keep things cut up in chunks in the fridge for him like cheese and grapes.

Today we had: cow and gate fruit smoothie thing for brekkie, Spag bol and fruit for lunch, fish with potato for dinner.

What foods do you define as a 'treat' rice cakes or youghurt
How often do you give them. every few days
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? yes
Do you ever give ready meals? nope he dont like jar food anymore

breakfast: banana and cornflakes
lunch: rasins toast and rice cakes
Dinner: pizza

i dont genrally tend to give him snacks as he's already bigger than a average baby but he dont really care he seems fine with it

What foods do you define as a 'treat' ----- Chocolate,icecream,cake,candy.
How often do you give them. Never yet, too young
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? Yep , supper is.
Do you ever give ready meals? I make my own baby food.
What did your child eat today? Breakfast - Homemade puree Apple . Snack - Mumums Lunch- Greenbeans&Banana Snack- little pieces of chicken. and its only 3pm here so no supper yet.

( he is 9m )

What foods do you define as a 'treat'? Chocolate,crisps,biscuites etc
How often do you give them? I was really strict with this. Up until about a month ago. I need to be more strict again,but she has a little bit of them everyday now. Usually coz im eating them (and i always give her a bit)
Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day? Nope..
Do you ever give ready meals? Yeah about once a week. Aliyah loves admirals fishermans pie thing.
What did your child eat today? Breakfast - Toast with jam.
Lunch-Jacket potato with cheese on top. Yoghurt and grapes after.
Dinner- Admirals pie,with custard and banana in it.

Snacks: Some skips:dohh:

Oh just to add..Aliyah does eat healthy lol.
She loves her fruit and veg the most. Has a great appetite and isn't fussy at all..
Because of her tooth accident she is on a 'soft food' diet.
It is hard to think of meals & snacks etc

What foods do you define as a 'treat':
Chocolate, cookies etc

How often do you give them.
Cookies maybe 2x,3x a week as in he will have a tiny 'baby cookie' thing as a snack. Chocolate is something I define as a 'treat' however he has never had any yet. He will be getting a small amount for Christmas but apart from that chocolate won't be appearing very often.

Do you give a homecooked meal at least once a day?
Yes.

Do you ever give ready meals?
Yes. No jars, just the little 'organix' pots and stuff like that. Usually when in a rush.

Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Beef Ragout
Tea: Cottage Pie
Snacks: 4x Carrot Puffs, Banana

Forgot to add, he still has 4x bottles a day of 9oz. I have a guzzling machine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->