Feeding help!

i want it all

Reaction score
My dd is 13 months old, and will not eat!

Over the last 2/3 months everything has been discarded from her dieting. And here we are now - all she will eat is toast or banana! Or chocolate/biscuits etc if I let her!

We have been out today, and dh offered her some cake on his spoon, and she took it off the spoon and put it in her mouth. Everything else we tried her with went on the floor, including this she has had before.

It's not so much ideas on what to give her I'm after - more of how to get her to eat again!

I was going to step right back and start from first stages of weaning again, but I think it's the spoon she doesn't like! But she won't pick up things if I leave them on her tray either cos I thought about BLW maybe start that from the begining! She loves 'feeding' herself yoghurt, and I'm happy to go down this route, but how can I feed her if she won't let anything near her mouth?

OK I'm rambling but you get my drift! Any ideas to help would be most appreciated!

My lo is still a terrible eater, to give an example 2 days ago all he had was cereal in the morning and a banana in the afternoon...he refused everything else!
He had a phase where he started eating well at 14 months but it comes in waves, right now he isnt eating well but last week he ate loads. I say if you offer the foods he wont starve himself and will eat if hungry enough.
My lo loves to play far too much so when they are starving they eat a little to satisfy that feeling and then get bored and move on.

HI hun, I have the same problem, DS hates the spoon but he won't pick up food to feed himself & it all ends up on the floor. He's not eating cereals or fruits anymore. The only food he will eat without a fuss is plain yoghurt & cheese slices. I dont offer him sweets, so he doesnt ask for it. He refuses to open his mouth to taste his food, if it's not coming from a pot of yoghurt or a cheese slice, he refuses to even taste it. He's also off his milk. It has been going on for 2.5 months now. He's always grumpy as he's not eating. I try to mix some veggies & rice to his plain yoghurt, he would eat few spoons before spitting it out. I'm also pre-loading spoons for him but it's hard work as he ends up either feeding me his food or throwing it on the floor. xxx

no experience but didnt want to r+r - hope you find a solution soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"