Feeding more when ill?

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Does your LO feed more when ill? He's been snacking and upping my milk for a few days for the growth spurt I think (well it's worked, I've started leaking again, cheers Theakston) but this morning he woke up at around 6am for the first time in ages and fed, then went down in his nest for about 20mins then got back up and just wanted to feed. Everytime he fell asleep and fell off he started rooting again. He even fed lying down which he stopped doing at 2months and he just gently clamped onto me so he didn't lose it in his sleep :cloud9: At first I thought the growth spurt is waaayyy early (we normally get it a week early, like the 12 week at 11 week so I expected to get the 26week at 25weeks but we're only 23+2) but then he sneezed about 10times, coughed, and threw up (yum). He's been coughing and sicky throughout the morning but now seems fine but still just want to feed and fuss. It's all the signs of the growth spurt but he had his third lot of jabs yesterday and this mucus isn't helping matters so wondering if it's just that he's under the weather?

Do your LOs feed more when ill? He seems OK in himself so I don't think it's comfort feeding but he seems to sway between snacking and getting distracted (he'll feed for 5mins then 'talk' to the ceiling decorations for 10mins, then have another few mins on and off) and then later he'll just be feeding/sucking for an hour whilst dozing.

I'm not overly fussed just wondering if I need to crack out the dvds and bottles of cordial ready for a long week or if I'm getting ahead of myself and it's just his cold.

Josh seems to take more milk when he's ill and takes less solids. I didn't know there was another growth spurt, must of missed that one!

Oooh really? I thought the 6month one was the big one? Well he's just eaten all day and is finally asleep (for now). I've just sat here eating chocolate, oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->