Feeding on demand?????

michelle82

Mum to Paris and Leo
Reaction score
Does anyone else wake their baby to feed them?

I've been doing this as I was trying to establish some kind of routine......starting to think this might be were i'm going wrong!!:wacko:

We've been doing 3 hourly feeds during the day, but on demand at night.

Leo usually goes to bed between 7.30 & 8pm and then i've been waking him at 11 for a feed. My thinking was that he would be less likely to wake for a feed during the night then........doesn't seem to be working out like that tho!!

When we used to leave him to sleep he would usually sleep through till about 3 or 4. I thought that being fed at 11 would maybe see him through till bout 6 or 7, but no, he still wakes up at 3 or 4 anyway:shrug:

Do you think I should stop waking him at 11, or keep going in the hope that he will drop the night feed?

I'd keep waking him at 11. That way once he does start doing a long stretch it's more likely to be from 11 on, and you'll get a better night's sleep. My DD's approach to sleeping through started with sleeping form 7 till 4, so I would have had to go to bed at 7 myself to get a good night's sleep!

And yes, we used to wake her every 3 hours during the day, as it helps them to learn the difference between night and day.

How old is he?

If your LO seems happy with the way you are doing things then keep going, I don't know how old he is but he might just start going that bit longer eventually - it will just take a bit of time to get it established.

It wouldn't work with Fran because if she is asleep its like her mouth is glued and if you try and put her bottle or dummy in she just clamps her lips tighter together lol!

We have always fed on demand, day and night and Fran got into her own little routine feeding every 3/4hrs from birth. Just recently she has started feeding around 11pm and then going through til about 5ish, but not all the time. Even then she will feed at 11, 3 and 7 so not too bad sleep wise for me - especially as we have gotten it down to fed, changed and back to bed in about 20-30mins! We have no problems getting her to go back to sleep either as I just turn the light off straight away and she soon settles herself down.

Keep perservering love, it will work out in the end xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->