Feeding Questions - Lots

mellllly

Mummy to 3 under 4!
Reaction score
Hiya, Got a few questions. My hubby has gone back to work today and I am kinda worried and need some reasurance. I know everyone is different.

1. Sophie is now taking between 3-5ozs at each feed (3hours between feeds) She weighed 8lb 13ozs at birth. Do you think this is ok?

2. How often should I wind her? We try every oz but she gets frustrated, so then we tried half ay through and at the end of the feed, But she threw it all up. Should I try every couple of ozs?

3. After she has thrown up her feed (there was quite alot) Do you then feed her again? We fed her 2 more ozs about an hour after last night.

4. We make the bottles up in the following way:
Boil the kettle (Leave to cool)
Add the formula
Shake
Put in the fridge
We normally make up a few bottles and then we heat them up in a jug of water when it is time for feeding - Is this ok?

5. When feeding her, we keep the jug of water next to us so that if she wants to take a break we put the bottle back in the water until she is ready for some more, Is this ok?

Sorry for all the questions.....:blush:

Hi hun, don't worry it sounds like you are doing fine :hugs:

1. I think that sounds fine hun
2. We had the same problem. I used to wind Joseph in the middle and at the end but he was quite a sicky baby, still is sometimes
3. Yes we used to try and give him some more a bit later, he didn't always want it
4. That's how i do it
5. I usually let it go cold so i'm not sure on that one xxx

Phew - Thanks, I just kinda feel really lost without hubby here!

Typically this morning she had 5 oz, then 2oz at 11 and 1.5ozs at 2ish
I am sure she will make up for it later though!

Sounds like you are doing a brilliant job hun :) congrats also xx

1. Sophie is now taking between 3-5ozs at each feed (3hours between feeds) She weighed 8lb 13ozs at birth. Do you think this is ok?
- Elyse was born at 6lbs 1oz and was only taking 2oz at that age, so I'd say she's doing well!

2. How often should I wind her? We try every oz but she gets frustrated, so then we tried half ay through and at the end of the feed, But she threw it all up. Should I try every couple of ozs?
- When Elyse was only doing 2oz at a time I'd do it every half ounce.. usually when I feed her now, I do it every 1-1.5oz (she eats up to 4oz at a time).. she has only spat up once I believe and rarely burps though!

3. After she has thrown up her feed (there was quite alot) Do you then feed her again? We fed her 2 more ozs about an hour after last night.

- When Elyse spits up I usually stop feeding her if it seems to be a lot (unless she is smacking her lips at me etc).. and then I just expect the next feed to come sooner.

4. We make the bottles up in the following way...
We normally make up a few bottles and then we heat them up in a jug of water when it is time for feeding - Is this ok?

- That's how I do it also!! Especially at night.. Elyse wants her bottle FAST, and I can't juggle pouring formula and holding a very unhappy infant at once, lol.

5. When feeding her, we keep the jug of water next to us so that if she wants to take a break we put the bottle back in the water until she is ready for some more, Is this ok?
- I think it's alright.. I heat Elyse's bottle up a second time sometimes also, she sometimes won't take it cool/cold.. other times she doesn't care! (I know some babies refuse cold or cool bottles too.. I think as long as you use it up within the hour it's alright)

LeeAnne was born weighing 6lb2oz and at the time the nurses told us no more then 2oz a feeding although Im sure she wanted more because she was never satisfied so it sounds like Sophie is getting the right amount

We burp LeeAnne every 1oz-1 1/2oz. LeeAnne screams as soon as we take the bottle away because she HATES being burped, sometimes it takes 5mins to get a little burp out of her but as soon as she burps shes calm again!

If she is acting hungry then definiatly go ahead and try feeding her more, she will let you know if she doesn't want the bottle. LeeAnne will just let it sit in her mouth until her mouth fills up with milk and she spits it out because she doesnt want to swallow lol

Add the formula
Shake
Put in the fridge

Yupp sounds like you've got it down :)

I just let the bottle get to room temp but sometimes LeeAnne is very picky about how she wants her bottle so if it gets to cool then I need to reheat it.

Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job hun :hugs:

:hugs: sounds like you're doing great :hugs:

1. Sophie is now taking between 3-5ozs at each feed (3hours between feeds) She weighed 8lb 13ozs at birth. Do you think this is ok? i think that sounds perfect!

2. How often should I wind her? We try every oz but she gets frustrated, so then we tried half ay through and at the end of the feed, But she threw it all up. Should I try every couple of ozs? we have always winded after every oz, that way maddi never had colic! she did used to get so annoyed so always gave her a dummy whilst winding and that always helped.

3. After she has thrown up her feed (there was quite alot) Do you then feed her again? We fed her 2 more ozs about an hour after last night. i would just go by watch she is saying, is she is asking for more, then yes, if not, then no

Add the formula
Shake
Put in the fridge
sounds fine. we have always made up 6bottles, with just boiled water at night, at formula and heat when needed, but there is loads of different ways of doing it.

yep thats fine! just disregard any unused formula after an hour after heating it.

Sorry for all the questions..... dont be :hugs: thats what we're hear for, and i was just the same :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->