Feel absolutely devasted after EPAU this morning

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Climbing Girl, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Climbing Girl

Climbing Girl Mum to Phoebe

I am meant to be 7w+1 (LMP) today and for the last week have had a brown discharge every day. Not alot (mostly in the morning after bowel movement). So I went to the EPAU this morning for a scan. Had to do a vaginal scan as radiographer couldn't 'see enough' through the tummy. She could only see a gestational sac and yolk sac and said I was only 6w. I then saw the doctor who said that I was only 5w and could I have got my dates wrong.

I am gutted. My LMP was definately the 15th Feb which makes me 7w+1. Fertility friend puts my OV date as the 25th so quite early and by that date I would be 7W+5. I have to go back on the 17th (almost 2wks away) for a follow up scan but I think the baby may have died at 5wks. The doctor said that if my dates are right then I may miscarry before the next scan.

I can't stop crying. I still feel pregnant with really sore boobs, MS etc.

I know that no one can tell me what is going to happen but it helps to wite it down.

2. maka888

maka888 Well-Known Member

:hug::hug: hang in there..theres still a chance everythings ok :hug::hug:

3. HayleyJA

HayleyJA Mum to April and Esther

I'm so sorry to read about your experience this morning.... :hugs:
    I've been through similar, and whilst my story ended sadly, you should stay positive for now at least....
    You're not bleeding any fresh blood and from what you've said you're not in any pain...?
    And I don't understand why the doctor said you were only 5 weeks when the radiographer said 6weeks...? How come the dates changed by a whole week?

Please message me if you'd like to chat....in the meantime I have my fingers crossed for you...:hug:

4. MrsO29

MrsO29 Me-Hubby-2 kids-2 m/cs

Really really sorry to hear this.
    Its horrible when they say you may have got your dates wrong and to wait and see.
    I see this quite a lot on these forums.
    If they could just tell you one way or the other it would help.

I really hope you have got your dates wrong, but if not, I am really sorry hun xxxxx

5. ahava

ahava me & hubby

ohmy gosh im so sorry, and you must be feelng absolubtely terrified...... is there any way you can go for another scan earlier privately at least to know sooner??? let me know how you go..

6. samzi

samzi mummy to issy,alice&luke

so sorry, hope everything works out

7. mum2joe

mum2joe Cautiously pg!

Sweetheart I know exactly how you are feeling, I have just reached the end of a similar, terrible saga.

I was spotting for 2 weeks, diagnosed as a pregnancy outside the womb & finally passed my baby early this morning at 8+1.

Could you not push for Beta HCG monitoring- this was how we knew ours was a *failing* pregnancy, as we had an initial plummet from 1,700 to 700- but the numbers then hovered around the 700 mark for a week.

Its an horrific thing to go through without being left in limbo, not knowing what is happening- I know, I was there. 2 weeks left waiting & wondering is far too cruel.

I too had all my pregnancy signs, even up till last night, I was told that until my HCG fell right away my body was still pregnant so I would still have all the signs, which was so so hard.

I hope & pray that yours has a positive outcome, if I'm honest, I knew deep down that mine wouldn't have, but so often on here you read of ladies who have gone back for a later scan & seen a heartbeat.

Keeping everything crossed for you & if you ever need to rant & rave to someone who has been there, feel free to pm me xxxxx

8. Per16

Per16 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you, kindest thoughts and prayers xxx

9. IHrtSteve

IHrtSteve Mommy to 2, almost 3 boys

So sorry hunny. Stay positive...you never know...:hug:

10. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

I'm sorry you're having to go through this :hugs:

11. MissyMojo

MissyMojo Army Wife, Mam & BFP

aww babe fingers crossed darling xxxxxxxx :hug: :hugs:

12. mrstapster

mrstapster pregnant after MC

sending you lots of :hug: xxx

13. jennifer34rn

jennifer34rn mom of 5

Im so sorry, I cant imagine having to wait 2 weeks. If it helps I would be 9 days further along if we went by my lmp but I ovulated very late in my cycle...maybe your dates are off?? I hope so xxoo

14. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

nothing worse than getting negative reports from the hospital, cant imagine how you feel :( but there is still some hope there hun. xx

15. cole6645

cole6645 Mother of 1/Expecting #2

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I had a similar thing happen to me about 2 years ago. They called it a blighted ovum. The gestational and yolk sac were there but the baby never formed. I never misacarried on my own so I had to have one induced. I think it is a good sign that your doctor is even discussing dates. When i went for my first appointment and they did the u/s she didn't really say anything and i knew something was wrong but she said that she needed me to go downstairs and get a more exact u/s. After that she was able to tell us that it was indeed a blighted ovum. Hopefully if your doctor thought your situation was hopeless she would be honest with you and just tell you and not try to say your dates are wrong. Good luck with everything and no matter what happens you can always vent here.

16. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

oh huni, i hope everything works out to be ok i really do

thinking of you x

17. buffycat

buffycat mummy to Enid & Anna...

hoping and praying that you don't get bad news.....

take care :hugs:

18. Fluxuspoem

Fluxuspoem Mama

but what if you had late ovulation and it is too early to show on the scan? my last period makes me 7 weeks pregnat but due to late ovulation, I am only around 4 weeks actual and I didnt see anything more in the scan yesterday apart from a sac and a yolk.

Did they test your hCG levels at all?

Big hugs