• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Feel guilty for taking early maternity :-(

alilou151

Reaction score
Well today I took the plunge & decided from next monday I will take my maternity leave so I'll be nearly 33wks then. I was going to leave at 36wks but I'm finding work harder every day. I had my hours cut to 9-3 which helped but I'm still having trouble sleeping, I still get into work & I feel faint til about 11am due to low iron & by the afternoon from sitting in those awful office swivel chairs I get really bad (what I think is) round ligament pain like someones stabbing me in the right side above my thigh/pelvic region ouch it hurts like hell! but if I move around I still get it because Im on my feet too long I cant win! Anyway I know I will have 7wks to wait but cant help feeling bad that I should be spending the time with LO & not sat on my bum at home!!

Everyone is different tho... if your not coping then its best for you to rest as much as possible. Hey at least you have plenty of time to get ready :)

Dont feel guilty x

I only get 12 weeks maternity leave and I want to try to work as long as I can to spend most of that time with LO. That being said I don't know how I will be feeling by then, so far my pregnancy has been relatively easy so hoping it continues this way. Don't beat urself up over it. Get the rest while u can.

Don't feel guilty, you have to do what you have to do! I finished at 34 weeks and last pregnancy at 35 weeks. I haven't even been as crippled or sick this time around and still finished earlier. I would've quit at 6 weeks if I could've!

dont feel guilty :) i know how you feel
i wanted to take maternity from 36 weeks too and ended up going at like 28! i felt terrible all day and had lots of holiday to take so i thought why not :D
ive throughly enjoyed not having to stress about going to work and at 36 weeks now i cannot begin to imagine how i would have been feeling ive i was still at work. my bodys exhuasted and sore and babys still very much in my ribs so just sitting down hurts.

I am on the same page as you.
Have a baddd cold too. Plus no sleep. :--(( But I am at work, just started with a new team and dont want to be too fussy. sigh! one more month to go!

I am so envious! Enjoy it, rest, and try to make the best of it my dear!

I'm only 28 weeks and daydreaming about it already!

I'm thinking of doing the same... I'm due to finish on 15th April but I'm really struggling with feeling sick & lots of headaches; I think I can use holidays but then people keep telling me It's not long to go etc, I'm stuck lol x

Im leaving this friday and ill be 31 weeks !! Dont particular like my job and am very fortunate that I wont be returning after maternity x

I'm in the same boat hun. Im due to finish work at 36 weeks (in 3 weeks time) but work is dp stressful and i spend the day so tired and in pain. I've ended up being off sick on Friday due to my blood pressure going up to 150/100 with stress and even though its gone back down now I'm seeing my gp 2moro to see if he will sign me off sick for the remaining 3 weeks as i dont want to risk harming baby.

I went out around 35 +4. I know that I would have had this baby sooner if I had to carry on like I was. My feet looked like elephant feet, and I was completely dead every day. It is more important that you take care of yourself right now! The longer you can keep LO in, the better! You may not have as much time after baby is born, but unless you are going to stay at home for the rest of your life, you are going to have to spend time away from the LO. The LO's health and yours is most important! don't feel bad!! I was completely miserable and wanted to go out sooner, but I probably pushed myself too much! They are going to induce me early due to complications.

Good luck and RELAX!!!:thumbup:

im due to finish work at 32weeks although the first 4 weeks after that are holidays so actually start maternity at 36 weeks, so glad i have holidays to take as theres no way i cud work until 36 weeks im 29 now and finding work absolutely exhausting

Don't feel guilty at all - you'll be no good to your baby at all if you go into the last few weeks and into labour exhausted and stressed out from work. Best thing you can do is take the leave now and prepare yourself fully physically and mentally for labour and your new arrival - that way once they're here, you'll be in better shape to bond and care for them straight away, rather than after just about catching up with your own sleep, then having a tiring labour, then kept awake all night - you'll be on the back foot if you don't rest now!

I considered going earlier than intended, which would have given me two weeks left in work now rather than three. It's a hard decision to make but if you're feeling rubbish now then you're unlikely to feel better by being in work. There's a woman in our office due in about 3 weeks, and she's working until she drops, really don't know how she copes! If I was her I'd end up collapsing in bed as soon as I got home and not being able to face the world until at least 12 hours sleep - maybe that's exactly what she does but I don't see how that's any good for her state of mind, relationship or preparation for birth!

I was planning on going up to 38wks or at least attempting it as it happens I've been signed off for weeks and am unlikely to go back before maternity kicks in. Don't feel guilty if your body is telling you it's time then accept it. You'll be much better at home than forcing yourself to slog it out at work where you'll be useless to them and poor baby.

I am planning on going to 37 weeks as am not returning and wanted to be paid for as long as poss after! Was also a little worried I would be bored at home all day every day but oh has bought me a puppy for my b'day next week and we collect her on Sunday. :) so I will have plenty to keep me busy now.

Iv done the same, was going to leave at 36 weeks but leaving on Friday now x

dont feel guilty. I am jealous that I cant finish now too. what is best for you is best for your baby at the moment, you are the one that has to carry the little one around everywhere. xxx

Don't feel guilty I was meant to finish at 35 weeks and was rushed into hospital at 32 weeks due to early labour which thankfully they managed to stop, the doctor said it was due to stress and it was my body's way of telling me to slow down. I have been home for 4 weeks now and yes it can be a bit tedious but I have managed to get loads done and I know that I am nice and rested for when this baby comes. I am not going to get as much time afterwards with baby but I know that the time I have will be enough and I won't feel all stressed from work.

Dont feel guilty hon I finished in the end at 28wks :dohh:

I initially planned to work until 34-36wks (I finished at 34wks with my DS but was hoping to work that little bit more this time around!) however it became apparent that I was never going to make it that far and I changed it to 31wks from the 34wks I had initially stated when I gave in my MATB1 form. My work situation has been crap all pregnancy and the situation was getting unworkable and unsafe however I kept telling myself Mat leave was just around the corner and I could look for something else after Mat Leave elsewhere :thumbup: Just before I hit 28wks my workplace made me aware of an impending redundancy and my redundancy date was the week after my Mat Leave started. My MW urged me to ditch the place for my own health and that of my baby because my workplace had been putting me at risk time and time again and ignoring the risk assessment in place for me :( I took her up on the offer and she signed me off just before 28wks pregnant. I wouldnt have changed my decision and would have perhaps signed off anyway before 31wks if I wasnt to be made redunant. I have lost so much weight in pregnancy (and have just started to gain!) not to mention the stress and upsetment. No hon I agree your better at home putting your feet up and preparing for your LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"