Feel like crap around ovulation?

Benjismom1987

Reaction score
Does this happen to anyone else? Something I noticed, and seeming to get worse... and BDing is the LAST thing I want to do.

Nauseated, head hurts, tired, sore.... just bleh.

Please tell me that I am not the only one. I honestly don't know why I feel this way, I know it wasn't always this way.

Maybe the endometriosis is being a pain in my backside again? (literally and figuratively)... (sigh) I just want this headache to go away, then everything else would be manageable! The ONLY thing that works for my headaches is ibuprofen, but I can't take it THIS CLOSE to ovulation (positive opk today, very aware of that ovary.. the only one I have, so I know it's happening as I type this)...

Caffeine isn't even putting a dent in it, so that isn't it (trying to lay off of it some)... maybe it's nicotine withdrawl? I KNOW I AM SO BAD, but I haven't completely quit yet... it's just so hard (And I will AS SOON as I get that BFP... but i'm starting to curb myself, as I do every month.. then when disappointment hits, I start back up again- such a vicious cycle)...

So in a nutshell, anyone "feel" pregnant or just feel like crap around ovulation time? Not entirely sure how the human race is in existence because BDing is BY FAR the last thing I want to do (however, we've been diligent that last week making sure that if this is a viable egg, there are PLENTY of participants waiting to fertilize)...

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/image.php?galleryid=302885

For those that like to look at sticks...

So, i spent some time asking Doctor Google (why does this thing not have a real PHD?) and apparently, it is "common" for women who have been pregnant before to have what's called "ovulation sickness."

Why have I not heard of this, and why is it just kind of starting to show.. now? I mean, our son is 4. (sigh) I seriously just wish my body would stop being mean...

I do feel somewhat better since I threw up (I was outside trying to get the dog back in, coughed and out it came... was just.. weird, and gross- sorry if this makes someone gag, I was none too peased either!)

Anyone else get this? Suggestions on what to do to make it better? I have eaten next to NOTHING in 3 days due to this crap, I finally eat something and it didn't want to settle in (sigh).

Over the last six months i started to feel very sick around ovulation time as well so spent a lot of time googling it! It really sucks, damn bodies.

For me, I've just tried ginger sweets really to try and take the edge off the nausea and eating bland foods.

BD'ing has sometimes been difficult but luckily I think I have managed it enough each time.

I hope you find something that works and sorry I don't have more suggestions. Tbh, it took me ages to even realise why I was feeling so sick at that time every month! X

I got a positive opk & then felt rotten for the 2 days following! I was cramping to the point that I was doubled over! I couldn't tell whether it was my IBS or ovulation. It was pretty severe for one day & then the next day I was fine! No pain at all. It was so weird. I tried to research it, but most of Google said that much pain wasn't normal around O so I put it down to my IBS :/ Maybe I did O.. it did seem awfully coincidental & I've not ovulated in many years! Maybe it was my poor ovaries getting used to releasing an egg! I was pleased that at least on one day I managed to push past the pain & DTD. Wasn't exactly romantic though! Lol.

The older I have gotten the worse it has been for me. I will be 31 in a few days and I realized that during O I have a lot of nausea, breast pain and swelling, low back pain and intermittent headaches. It is really annoying, but at least it is worse during the day for me.

Thanks ladies! I'm not sure if I ovulated yesterday, last night, or it's still working on it (temp is up, but my temps have been ALL over the place, and it's not higher than some within the last week- however, it isn't uncommon for me to have a slow rise after ovulation)

So, in the last 48 hours, these have been my symptoms (think this is all of them):
nausea
vomiting (once, without notice, then ALMOST 2 more times)
headaches (borderline migraines..ALL day yesterday)
ovary pain (it's really bad, thinking the folicle developed near the pelvic sidewall)
weird feeling in the uterus
FRISKY!!! (during the day, I think HOW COULD I WANT to BD.. then night comes, hubby smells yummy... and yeah... =) )
Sore BB's
Sensitive to smell
IRRITABLE (poor DS, he's been a super grouch lately, and rebellious, but I am just flying off the handle on something I am usually so calm and collected for... and he called me a b!tc# yesterday! OMG... GRRRRR)
gassy
bowels can't decide what they want to do
frequent urination

I thought the nausea was related to the prenatals, thought maybe I took them twice one day, and I layed off them yesterday since I felt I couldn't keep much down, but nothing has changed.

I know there isn't much you can take while trying to get pregnant.. I REALLY want some ibuprofen right now. GRRR... my poor hubby, he called on his way home last night and asked if Medusa went home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->