feel like im fighting a losing battle with this house work!

sophie22

Reaction score
ive been really poorly and have just gone on bp meds to lower that and my pulse as of yesterday, so, feeling a little better today i ventured downstairs to find devestation. i cleaned up the kitchen apart from the dishes. floor was awful! and took the washing out the machine that i put in there nearly a week ago!!!! ive had to wash it again as it stank! why OH couldnt have just taken it out for me i dont know!
ghis idea of clean and tidy and mine are worlds apart. his being, well ive done the dishes. but the dishes will have had to have been sat there 3 days fgor him to bother with. dog hair is back all over the stairs again and throws on the sofa need washing again. i feel like as soon as i have the energry or am feelingw ell enough to do a big clean, 2 minutes later its back the way it was because OH dosnt help and keep it maintained. its like climbing a mountain all over again when you arent feeling good!
sorry, needed to rant!! he is good in so many ways i mean he has really been looking after me, its just the house. im a bit OCD with keeping it clean and when i cant do it it eats away at me! i dont mind a bit of mess but cant stand it the way it is!

Hope you don't mind me hopping over from 2nd tri, just wanted to let you know that I know EXACTLY how you feel except myself and oh live with another couple and their dog, and all 3of them don't hardly ever help out! I've got flu so I'm off work sick but this morning iv tidied the bomb site of a living room, vacuumed, done the polishing, taken the rubbish out and I need to clean the bathroom and also change our rabbits bedding, just having a rest as iv got too hot! My oh is at work but the housemates have just buttered off out, there's washing up that's built up since Sunday and I refuse to do it this time seeing as I do everything else!
You're not alone in how you feel, I understand your frustration :) xxx

Hi Sophie,

I know how you feel!! My energy levels have gone down dramatically and it seems that if I don't do it, my DH is not going to. BUT...it's only because his and mine idea of a clean house are completely different. He is now cleaning and washing both of our cars, something that's definitely not on my priority list, but is on his! I haven't got much of an advice apart from trying to chill out a bit more. My standards have lowered recently and although having a spotless house makes me more relaxed, I'd rather relax myself when I can now instead of running around with a mop, all grumpy and exhausted.

Another advice, instead of thinking that he should just know what to do, ask him directly about a single specific thing you'd like help with. e.g. could you wash the kitchen floor today instead of asking him to clean the kitchen! :dohh:

My plan is to do a proper house clean when I have plenty of time once finished working in time for baby. By then, I try not to worry too much...:hugs::hugs::hugs:

I know exactly how you feel too. It's almost as if I wrote your post myself!

I have been in tears once today already because I can't stand the mess and DH has been doing bits in the garden and now he's on his laptop watching the tennis. He's generally good and not reluctant to help but I am so stressed and hormonal today I just want him to get up and get cracking on something rather than me have to clean around him and then him help me out of guilt. I don't know if that makes any sense at all, feel like I'm ranting.

PLUS, the hot weather really isn't helping. I feel like I'm melting and have a headache coming on. :dohh:

There's not ONE room in the house at the minute that is clean. Argh :growlmad:

DH tidied everything when I was away watching our niece do trampolining. He's been so so good, but I can tell he's losing patience sometimes. My hormones have been a bit out of whack these last couple of days :blush:

DH tidied everything when I was away watching our niece do trampolining. He's been so so good, but I can tell he's losing patience sometimes. My hormones have been a bit out of whack these last couple of days :blush:

Can I borrow your DH for the day? :haha:

Eek...I don't think my house gets like that and I have 4 kiddos running around :haha: You must have one messy DH :) I completely understand the OCD and needing to be the one to clean the house. My hubby cleans when he has to and does dishes after they've piled up so bad. This was when I had labor stopped so was staying off my feet and it's so hard but I basicly sat there and barked orders...now pick up that sock, pick up that toy...giving my 4 kids and my husband each a task to do got things cleaned up real quick :thumbup: Even though my 6 year old doesn't vacuum 100% like I do I had to settle with the floor being somewhat vacuumed and the same goes with cleaning the glass and counter tops...I just settled for what the kiddos could do at the time as it was better than not at all. My husband knows how I like the house so he tends to try to do it right and not half assed the first time :) I hope you can get on your feet soon 'cause I understand how hard it is to relax when there is so much to do :hugs:

i know how you feel to i was just crying to my mum lol that my house is a mess she said its not that bad its just clothes everywhere but im the same if it feels messy then i think its a filth hole and it makes me so so mad i keep hearing about getting Ur energy back soon and the need to nest i would love to know when this is going to happen because right now i feel like i could just lay on the floor and not move ive so much pain in my legs to so that doesn't help hope we all get some energy soon xxx

I know exactly how you feel. The other day I washed 2 blankets and folded them neatly and put them on our bed and left them there so that I could make space in the closet to put them away. Next thing I know hubby throws his dirty socks and underwear on them on his way to the shower, along with his dirty workbag. Men are stupid.

The thing that gets me is when hubby takes off his socks and throws them under the cot in our room :dohh: They STINK so so so so so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->