Feel like I've been riding a horse!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Swanny, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

For the past week I've had pain inbetween my legs, I don't even think it's my thighs I dunno feels like it's kind of in lady bits or like I've been doing LOADS of inner thigh presses or something.

It's so sore!!!

2. caro103

caro103 Alex and Eddie's Mummy

:hugs: I have that too hun, gets worse with too much activity! sounds like a touch of spd caused by ligaments relaxing. Not much we can do about it other than try and do things by keeping your legs together, like turning in bed, getting in/out bed/car etc. It'll go sometime after bubs is born :) Xxx

3. Aready

Aready Well-Known Member

yikes! Sorry! :flower:

4. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Thanks, when I get up to go for a wee in the night I sometimes feel like I can barely even get out of the bed and when I do I feel like all my bones are going to snap.

5. caro103

caro103 Alex and Eddie's Mummy

yup, afraid thats the exact same feeling i've got! although I've managed it well since about 34wks as looked up a bit about the do's and don'ts. Basically want to keep moving but try not to inflame the area to much more so it doesn't worsen. Good luck hun, not too much longer to go! :D xx

6. flumpsmummy

flumpsmummy Well-Known Member

yeah it sounds like spd, mention it to your mw she will give you a leaflet about helping to ease it.x

7. soon to be 3

soon to be 3 Well-Known Member

hi sorry but i just wanted to say im so glad im not alone on this one yep that sounds like SPD alright that's what i have but i have never heard any others who have spd saying about this type of pain so fault it was just me.some times its so bad i cant even make a wee and have to half stand up i go physio but that don't help tbh i really hope it dose go not long after bubs comes and yours to cause i don't know how much more i can take.hope you feel better real soon take care xxx

8. zippy4

zippy4 Well-Known Member

I have been experiencing the same thing. In my case it's caused by pelvic arthropathy which was diagnosed at 26 weeks. But I regularly feel like I've been horse riding xx

9. camerashy

camerashy Well-Known Member

omg i had that last nite when i woke to go the loo

10. zoella

zoella Well-Known Member

I've had the same pains for a few weeks now and midwife thought it might be spd. I've since been to the doctors because it got so bad and was examined and turns out I have a few varicose veins 'down there' (sorry if tmi)!

She said it can cause all the feelings I've been having in between my legs, throbbing, pressure, bruised feeling, trouble walking and standing on one leg when getting dressed.

11. Helly

Helly Well-Known Member

Every time i move my left leg it feels like the pelvic floor muscle will rip and my underneath aches constantly, my left hip feels like its being crushed when my pants press on it. I dont know how im going to do 7 more weeks. Sorry to sound so bad, just so sick of it! Wouldnt wish this on anyone, hope you all feel better soon x

12. flump34

flump34 Well-Known Member

I have this too, but I'm wondering how I'm supposed to give birth if I have to keep my legs together:shrug:

13. Helly

Helly Well-Known Member

Apparently the midwife should use a tape measure to see how far apart you can comfortably take your legs apart and then not let you exceed that x