Feel like i've had enough!!!

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Well i've been breastfeeding for soon to be 5weeks and i've just had enough, i feel jack at night on bottles and beastfeed him the rest of the day which he doesnt mind but when i feed him in the day he just wont settle, he just always wants more and more, i feel like i'm feeding him for hour and hours and its starting to get me down, i spoke to my health vister about it but she kind of said well keep trying, but i really dont want to, i want to feed him in the morning and stuff but by 2 in the afternoon i'm drained.

anyone else feel like this?

if its getting you down hun then maybe try bottle feeding perminently if it makes u and bubs better ....no1 wud judge u for doing so x

i feel really guilty if i do that, everyone keeps making me feel guilty about it

The only reason a woman should bottle/breast feed is because it's what they feel comfortable/happy doing. If you're unhappy and unable to keep up with his demand, (I believe this may be because he's getting used to the fast flow of the bottles and unfortunately your breasts can't keep up,) then you feed him from a bottle if that's what makes you happier! You have tried, and unfortunately not all babies want boob!

yeah i know wot u mean, he just seem like he alway wants food

You should not feel guilty at all!!! You did great doing it as long as you did... the first 2 weeks are the most important.

Now the most important thing is keeping both you and jack happy, and if switching to bottles makes you both happy and able to spend enjoyable time together, then that it what you should be doing... Not what everyone else tries to pressure you into doing.

:hugs:

dont feel guilty hun u need to do whats best for u and ur jack x

Totally agree that nobody should make you feel guilty about it. You've done so well to feed him for 5 weeks and it's just as important for you to be happy. If you still want to feed him in the mornings there's no reason why you can't keep doing that and bottle feed him the rest of the time. It does eventually get easier with the amount of time you spend feeding, but don't let anyone pressure you into breastfeeding all day if you think he'd be happier with bottles :hugs: x

i feel really guilty if i do that, everyone keeps making me feel guilty about it

don't feel guilty hun. you are doing a fab job.
i tried breast feeding but struggled badly. i then expressed milk for about 7 weeks but i have stopped now. i bottle feed ali now and since making that decision i feel so much better.

i don't feel guilty. i won't allow people to make me feel guilty. no one has the right to make you feel like that. it is your choice.

:hug: :hug:

Christine
XXXX

I bf for 2 weeks and after that felt much the same a you do now, I just couldnt do it anymore, I hated it and dreaded it. NOw I FF most of the time, she has 1 BF a day and we are both doing great. I wouldnt hae been doing best by Chloe if I kept trying and made myself depressed and miserable.

You must do whats best for you and your LO. You mustn't feel guilty for doing what makes you and LO happy

aww thanks guys u have made me feel so much better

I havent been quite as succesful in bf-ing but my HV advised on giving breast for 30mins then topping up with bottle!! Because in the time they are on you for hours and hours (i know the feeling) they might only get as much as 4oz in a bottle than takes 30 minutes!! Also they can swallow alot of air keep going on and off!! Which does no good for colic etc!!

Youve done fabulous bf-ing for this long hun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->