• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

feel like saying bye :-(

bumpty

4 boys 1 angel x
Reaction score
feeling dreadful today up literally all night last night :cry: Zack screaming and me crying....Im finding this sooooo hard :blush:

My nipples are sore, think I may have vaso thingy bob as they go white after feeds...I try with my latch but I think we are doing it properly???

Zack is soooooo windy and unsettled last night Im sure it was colic he was inconsolable from 12pm till 5.30 am!!!

stupidly I gave him a bottle at 10pm (which I have done 2 othernights and he has been fine) confused as to whether it was ff that made him upset? but as I say he was fine other two nights....I feel guilty giving him it ...but I have older children and my 6 year old had a asthma attack in night and I felt guilty as I couldnt help much as was constantly feeding :cry::cry: so I was trying to introduce a little ff to help!!

now I dont know what to do!!! I prob wont have any milk at 10pm now to feed him will I?

sorry for woffle I can barely see to type lol

hey hun,

i dont think you should be beating yourself up about giving him a bottle, we all need a break sometimes,
i found that when aimee would actually have a bottle she would get more wind than usual, did you give him a burp break half way thru? i found burping halfway thru made it easier to bring wind up, and burping afterwards too otherwise shed be sick badley and full of wind.

take it easy and try to relax, if you want to still feed at night just keep latching him on till your body catches back up :)

hugs x

you poor thing... i had C crying from 6pm til around 1.30am... i am beside myself so you're not alone. he was not latching properly and generally winding himself up to hysteria.

i know people say it gets better but just can't see it at the mo...

you have my complete sympathy.

xx

i know people say it gets better but just can't see it at the mo...

I have had so many nights like this, crying my eyes out while trying everything to get his wind up so I could go to bed!

Things are really starting to settle down for us now though - I think it is a combination of infacol and taking more time to wind him after every feed during the day so it doesn't build up to breaking point by night time! I was reluctant to use infacol at first but it really is helping, and if it doesn't do him any harm (it isn't absorbed so isn't like normal medicine) why not make all our lives a little easier?

Bumpty, could you express milk for OH to give at a time which would let you be with the other children for a while?

Colief reeeeeeeally works.
We stopped for two days and are now back on it, H is so much happier.

I know how you feel!

My LO was feeding constantly for 3 hours last night, would cry everytime i put her down, i was pulling my hair out and crying it hurt so much.

Also what is that white thing you described called? One of my nipples does this? And i was wondering what it is??

xx

:hug:
so sorry you had such a bad night last night. It is SO hard to cope at all when you are exhausted and have had no sleep. Is there any way you can get a bit of a rest today, I think the biggest problem is that the demands are so constant, there is literally no time to rest or to take a break at all.

I don't think you should feel bad about giving a bottle at all, in the end of the day as you say you do have other children and you have to do what is best for the whole family. If you do want to go back to breast feeding in the evening instead, I think it should be fine, your body will soon re-adjust. Or if you want to keep giving a bottle, you should do it and not feel guilty.

Things seem to have settled down a little bit here this week although it's still taking hours to get the wind up at least he is not crying so much with it this week for some reason, which does make it easier to cope with. I think there is nothing harder in the world than listening to your baby cry and not being able to do anything to calm him down, I have cried right along with him many times!

Its all going to work out, whatever you do. Your supply will come back full force, don't worry about that.
:hugs:
Its not easy when there are other children hey? You feel like someone is suffering, whether it be older or younger LO, or yourself and relationships.
Whoever says having children is selfish is kidding themselves.

don't feel bad about the bottle, it must be really hard with more than one.. i can just about cope with one. must have been something in the air last night as we had a bad night too crying from 2 to 7 :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"