feel like screaming!

Hevalouaddict

Mama to 4 beautiful babas
Reaction score
it been 2weeks since i found out i'd lost my second twin but no-one is helping me. The mil just keeps saying it will happen and the sil says its ok i'll have a baby for mum! I was having my babies for me not to please the inlaws! I know the mil wants more grandchildren but im not doing it for her. Sometimes i want to punch my sil so hard. She doesnt understand that i've just lost my precious babies and she thinks her getting pregnant will solve everything, thing is its impossible for someone single and not s/a to make a baby! Sorry for ranting but im really upset and cant stand being near my inlaws at the moment. If anyone else has had the overbearing inlaws please help! What did you say? What did you do? How can i tell her to back off!

I had pressure from my partners family - I dont think they ment it, but the children me and my fiance have will be the only ones to carry on the family name. You really dont need guilt from anywhere else. Im sure you feel crappy enough all by yourself, without any help from others. (which is what I told them)
Dont feel any pressure from anybody to try again, you need time to grieve for the ones you have lost before you start thinking about another. Take care and look after yourself.

I'm sorry! There are so many ways to say the wrong thing after a miscarriage, and your inlaws seem to be hitting a few.

If you can, just take some space from them, especially SIL, who's "fix" is incredibly misguided. Of course her having babies would not ever help your loss! She's probably just trying to take a tough situation and make you laugh, but in a very unhelpful and unfunny and inappropriate way.

Can you get away for the weekend, or something? It might help just to take your space so that you don't constantly want to blow your top at them.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's an incredible disappointment, and I think everyone here understands it, if not everyone in your extended family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"