feel like sleeping all day - is this normal?

rapunzel87

Reaction score
Ever since week 6, I have been feeling like poop. I want to just lay in bed all day! I don't of course. But I feel like I can literally sleep all day. I have been taking my prenatal vitamins and my bloodwork is okay, meaning I have no mineral/vitamin deficiencies to cause this excessive fatigue. Is this fatigue normal for the 1st tri? Can't help but get a lil worried :S I am such a worry wart! Lol. Can anyone relate? :)

It is totally normal to be exhausted in first trimester. The baby sucks all of the energy out of us! I am starting to get my energy back now, but it was a rough first trimester trying to take care of two kids when I just wanted to nap all day.

It's normal! I felt like that until 11 weeks with my first and 16 weeks with my second. I am exhausted and have no energy or motivation but it will pass!

The fatigue is because your body is doing all of the work to grow and develop your baby right now. It is normal and does intensify as the weeks go on in 1st tri. Think about all that is happening and all that your body has to do! It's exhausting for your body.

But then the placenta takes over near the end of 1st tri and you will know it. You will feel completely different.

Normal :) in a few weeks you'll probably be back to normal. I took little 15-30 minute naps whenever I could my 1st and 2nd pregnancies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->