Feel like such a bad mum. Baby and morning sickness :(

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
I have a just one year old and I am 7 weeks (nearly) I have been so nauseous. I feel like an awful mum. I can't chase around and play with her all the time I feel like I'm losing my temper fast and generally just not very happy at the moment.

I've been trying to rest and leave her to play and also I've been trying to have baths with her to relax in the day but I find it so difficult to do anything fun with her.

No one knows about my pregnancy get apart from partner and a few friends so no one can help with my daughter.

Does anyone have any tips on how to cope or strategies? Thanks x

My ds2 was only 7 months when I unexpected fell pregnant with baby number 3, I also have a 3 year old. I work part time but i try to use my days off to do family type things with the boys but ended up trying to find things to do just far enough away for them both to fall asleep on the way home so I could have an hours peace. I don't think there's anything that will stop the guilt but just try and find simple things or even buy some new toys to entertain her for slightly longer

Hugs hun I know the feeling. I have 4 children and suffering terribly with the morning sickness. I spend most of my time on the sofa with a duvet trying to keep whatever I have eaten/drank down. So we tend to all cuddle up and watch dvds or they will all go off and play together. I hate that we can't really go out anywhere as I'm so worried I will throw up whilst I am out. But I know from previous experience it doesn't last long and once I'm feeling better we can catch up and spend time doing things together.

Remember that its just a few weeks out of your daughters life that she probably won't remember and you are giving her the gift of a new sibling to play with for years to come so it outweighs it all :) x

I have a 2 year old and suffer with hyperemesis have been in hospital twice so far for iv fluids it's awful . Feel like such a bad mom too can't do anything with her . My family know which is great because they are always offering to take her now when I just can't look after her. Maybe if you tell someone you can trust and who might take the pressure off you for a few hours. It will help and it won't be forever . You need plenty of rest around this time

In the same boat with my 10 month old. I feel drained no energy. Try not to feel guilty..it's just a part of life. Hopefully this will pass quickly too!

MommyToBe_93, I hope you feel better soon. It's a hard time I'm sure. Pregnancy is tiring enough but one thing I found that helped is to make sure I relaxed when baby was napping. Sometimes we try to "use that time" to get things done but it may be better to just rest. :hugs:

I have a 2 year old and suffer with hyperemesis have been in hospital twice so far for iv fluids it's awful . Feel like such a bad mom too can't do anything with her . My family know which is great because they are always offering to take her now when I just can't look after her. Maybe if you tell someone you can trust and who might take the pressure off you for a few hours. It will help and it won't be forever . You need plenty of rest around this time

Keyval I had hyperemesis too with my dd and it was also emotionally draining. I hope yours eases soon and you too find some comfort.

When I was last pregnant my daughter was 7/8 months old when I was in the first tri and we watched A LOT of children's tv, so much so that months later when certain theme tunes played they'd actually make me feel nauseous! I really wouldn't worry, they won't remember this period in their lives. This time around I told people much earlier as I needed the support. Just do whatever you need to do to get through this period, don't feel bad there's nothing you can do xx

Sesame street is a god send! Lol

My dd loves peppa pig! Yes, lots of tv and the iPad over here! Don't feel guilty at all! Your little one will never remember you not playing with her. Once baby is here and they are older, they will only just remember that they've always been siblings lol

Glad I read this. I have a 10 months old and am feeling the same way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->