feel mean not giving out xmas cards but...

mika

Reaction score
I feel really tight fisted not giving out xmas cards this year but we had a private scan booked in for this week and we were going to put a pic in there for the family ones :cry::cry::cry:
when i get the box of xmas cards out i just cant bare to write them.....

pointless post but just needed to share

its not pointless hun, i'm the same. it was OHs dads birthday 4 days after my d&c and OHs mum had got me a cake and banners and badges, feather handband, the lot,as it was my 40th the week after and I was on holiday. I had to tell her I didnt want to celebrate, felt really bad as she had gone to the trouble but I just couldn't do it.:hugs::hugs:

I know how you feel Mika.
Our xmas cards had our 8 week scan picture on them. Close family and friends already have them.... the rest will never get sent and the intended recipients will have no idea why I haven't sent them a card this year :(

i too was putting 8 week scan photos in the cards for everyone, they came with a slot for photos.
i didn't buy any other cards, just them, so i haven't sent a single one.

I decided that this year instead of sending cards I would make a donation to our local hospice that help provide care for people with life limiting illnesses. I always think cards are such a waste of money as they get thrown away so I have told everyone from now on I'm not sending any and am instead going to make a donation to a worthwhile cause in place of buying them.

I would much rather know that someone who may be having their last ever Christmas this year will be given a lovely one, than know a friend has a card from me hanging on their wall that they only read once then chuck in the rubbish.

I am not 'doing' Christmas cards or Christmas either. I can't believe it still feel so bitter and sad about a loss 12 weeks ago (ectopic at 5w) but I just do. Bah humbug!!!!!!

Christmas is cancelled in our house this year too. Am not sending any cards, and the ones we've received had gone in the recycling bin. The xmas tree has been taken down. Unfortunatley I'd bought all the prezzies but can't face wrapping or giving them out so my lovely mama has offered to do it for me - it's not fair that all my nieces and nephews etc don't get anything cos I am having a shit time - they wouldn't and shouldn't understand..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->