Feel selfish for feeling this way...

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
But I feel so depressed 😢 what's wrong with me? I have two beautiful treasures growing inside me and all I want to do is go to bed and cry.

Everything is such an effort. The housework isn't anywhere close to being done but the thought if it makes me angry and upset (very unlike me!).

I think partly I am still getting used to twins and the thought of the complications that can happen during twin birth scares me.

I have a scan next week which has felt like its taken an eternity to get here. I feel like I'm not connected to my babies because I can't see or feel them.

Please tell me at least some of this is normal 😢👶👶 xx

First off, it's normal. All these hormones are nasty things! I have blue days too. Also panic days. It's a roller coaster. I'm sure after the scan next week you will feel better. :hugs:

Thanku gemstone. I think so too. I can't wait to see my babies I think it will really help xx

I have been having a lot of these days also, and a lot of getting mad at my fiance for stupid things then wanting to go cry in bed... I realized last night that I'm really afraid, im afraid of being left to do everything alone, im afraid of having a new baby at all and im happy that im pregnant the same time. The emotions right now are so confusing but it is so normal (as much as it sucks)... It's normal to be afraid, don't blame yourself, and pregnancy hormones turn it into some kind of raging tornado of emotions.

Thanku. I'm sorry your feeling rubbish too. I just want my bump so I can feel pregnant. I think its such an anti climax getting so excited getting your bfp an in between that an actually feeling your pregnancy progressing is such a long wait. I really think that's a major factor for me x

Are you taking DHA in addition to your prenatal? I had a little bit of increased anxiety and depressive emotions last week. After adding the DHA, I feel mostly better. Still hormonal but not anything like I did last week.

I had a couple weeks like this. I was depressed all the time, just came home and went right to sleep every day, barely ate, barely talked to DH, and didn't even want to think about the pregnancy. Although I would never consider terminating, I started to think that I didn't even want this baby.

then I started spotting, and it scared the holy hell out of me. It made me realize how much I do want this baby, and it lifted me out of the depression - and into a constant state of worry - real fast. Luckily the spotting stopped after a couple days, and now all is right with the world and I am very excited.

I think it's very normal to go through a phase like this.

I was the same way with my first pregnancy. Well, depression hit later, but that was accompanied with one thing after another happening, and I just couldn't anymore. Took about 2 months to come out of.
But up until actually having her in my arms, I felt disconnected from her. Questioned myself if I really loved her or not...

Pregnancy plays a horrible game with your emotions and thoughts. Just don't give into any of the negative thoughts and feelings.

Right now, my biggest issues are, I get set off fast. I get angry fast, and sometimes for no reason. I also can't stand DH right now. Don't like it when he touches me, talks to me, or is even near me. It's a weird thing to go through,

Oh, hun! I can only imagine what you must be going through. I had days like that with all of my pregnancies where I just felt like giving up. I think a lot of it had to do with hormones and with two babies you're probably getting a double dose. The hardest part is that I get so tired from the surging hormones and feel guilty for being unable to take care of the kids I already have. At times like this I have my DH take over their care and then I'll go lie down, place my hand on my pelvis in my uterus area, feel the gurgling and popping and wait for the bad feelings to pass. I promise you it will get better!

Thanks so much everyone for your support. I'm feeling a lot more sick this week so o think it must be the increase in hormones. I really hope the scan next week lifts me out if this foggy feeling xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->