Feel so awful . . .

Lydiarose

Reaction score
Ive been getting so frustrated with oscar all day :cry:

He woke up at 5am whinging i tried everything to help him settle and he just kept pulling my hair and pinching my neck really hard.

I was exhausted and felt so irritated.

Its dans birthday tommorow and ive been trying all day to get the house ready as were having 20 people over tommorow for a BBQ and i got nothing done.

Hes just whinged all day no matter what ive done and scratched me and pinched me like he hates me :cry:

We put him to bed at 7 30 and i put my tea in the oven which burnt because i couldnt concetrate on cooking it because he was crying and fussing.

Me and dan decided to leave him for 5 minutes as he would only cry when we left the room.

We went back in and he was coverd in sweat and sobbing his little heart out so immedietly i picked him up for a cuddle . . . which made me feel even worse :cry::cry:

Everyone keeps saying leave him for 5 minutes to settle himself but i just cant,and i admit im so frustrated at myself for it because he wont settle and depends on me for sleep.

Im not asking for any tips because weve tried everything and im at my wits end.

I havnt slept propally for 7 months - me and OH are really feeling it now and have both been becoming frustrated and irritated by everything.

I know hes teething and in pain :cry:

I really do feel like a terrible mother,what kind of mother feels like that towards there child????

Im sorry for the rant and sorry if its spelt wrong or doesnt make sense im just really really really tierd . . . .

You are NOT a bad mother! We all have frustrated days, it's natural especially when they're being whingey and nothing's settling them! You shouldn't feel guilty cause of a bad day - hopefully you'll wake up tomorrow and he'll be happy again :hugs:

oh hun bigs :hugs: to you, dan and oscar. hope things get better for you soon. I agree though, i could never ever ever let katie cry xx

Hi Hun, your not alone, sophie what a compleat nightmare yesterday she wasn't happy doing or going anywhere, she was the same and woke at five and just cried and winged all day, i do really feel sorry for you tho if he won't settle as that was only thing Sophie actually did, I was so relived when she went to bed and then felt guilty all night that I couldn't wait to get away from her :(,
I hope he settles down soon and I suggest a take away for tea xxx

:hugs:
You're not a terrible mother at all, everyone gets frustrated with their LOs sometimes and especially when you have been sleep deprived for so long, you're just tired and low and need a break. Babies can be so demanding and it's only human nature for your patience to wear thin sometimes, it doesn't mean you love them any less.
Have you tried any sleep training where you stay with him while he learns to self settle rather than actually leaving him? We did the Sleepsense programme with Abigail and it worked really well for us, check out the support thread in the groups section if you want to find out about it.

Thankyou so so much girls,

the worst thing was i went downstairs shut the dorr and said Grrr i hate him!!

:cry:

You're tired, you've had to look after a whingey baby - you say things you don't mean! You know deep down you don't hate him - we're human we all make mistakes

Im sorry babe....:hugs:

:hugs: Thankyou.

Of course i dont hate him but at the moment i really feel like i dont want to be around him im tierd and i just want to be left alone.

Please tell me thats normal?

I love him to death but at the moment my patience with him is so low i keep thinking oh hes so selfish i cant even eat i cant sleep i cant breath . . . how the hell can a baby be bloody selfish i think it says more about me :(

Im going to force myself to have an early night tonight so hopefully tommorow ill ahve alot more energy.

your only human hun, when alfie was at his worst for sleeping and reflux ive muttered so many things under my breath that i truly regret I never meant one word of it but its just so hard when your tired and all you want is a few hours sleep :hugs: dont feel bad, your not the first to feel like this and you wont be the last. Youll look back at these times and laugh when hes older.

<3

Yep completely normal! I snapped at Stephen all day yesterday cause he was doing my head in (same as you whingey, he kept trying to climb into spaces he knows he can't get into and ended up hitting his head, was up at 5.55am, wouldn't settle, screamed his head off when I cleaned him up after eating etc)! But, after a decent nights sleep it's all forgotten the next day and it's all back to normal :)

Awww hun, :hugs: Its easy to get so frustrated when your so tired, hope you feel bit better tomorrow. As for people saying leave him for 5 mins, I can't/won't leave lo to cry... I stay until he is asleep too. Do what you feel is best for you xxx

I just physiclly havnt got it in me to do it i cannot stand there and listen to him screaming his little heart out wanting me . . . it actually feels like my hearts being stamped on.

But then i think to myself OMG hes never going to sleep im doing it all wrong im to soft . . . :cry:

Lack of sleep really takes its toll, we are in the same boat with the sleep thing, you are only human hun xx

Lack of sleep is used as a torture technique so its not suprising we feel like we do when we aint had any.

Dont feel bad we all have these days! :hugs: hope things improve soon xx

what would i do without BnB :hug:!!!

Im so glad other people feel the same.

Ive genuinlly really been feeling like a terrible mum lately.

x

Seriously, I could have written this post myself today, you have actually made me feel less stressed! I don't feel so alone, I put my boy to bed and thought thank god that's over! I hope you've had a better evening... I've come to the conclusion it's teething or the heat and overtiredness, big massive hugs to you xxx

You're not a terrible mum :hugs: Don't even think that. Nobody likes dealing with cranky babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"