Feel so bad for my LO :(

Wriggley

Reaction score
My LO is 5.5 months and has just got his first poorlyness :cry::cry:

hes got a really runny nose and a terrible chesty cough

i feel so bad for him because theres not much i can do and it melts my heart when he starts coughing so much his eyes water and straight after he gives me a massive big gummy smile :cloud9:

Going to take him to the doctors tomorrow to find out what it is and to see if they can give him anything

Aw theres nothing worse than when lo isnt well and you feel so helpless! The we vapour rubs are good and you could also raise the head of the mattress a little to help him. Poor we man, hope it clears up soon xx

Aw poor guy, I hope he's feeling better soon!

On the plus side, I read somewhere that the average baby get's 7 colds in their first year of life, so if this is his first a 5.5 months, he's doing great!

Poor lil dude .. hope he feels better soon .. a couple of things my DDs ped told us to do when she had her first cold at 4 months that we found help was to create a slight elevation under the mattress where they sleep .. a rolled up towel or small cushion, so the mucus drains. A few drops of saline up the nose and suck it out with the snot using a bulb syringe .. you know the kind they use when the baby is born to suck gunk out? Also a cool mist humidifier at night really helped.

Hope it passes quickly for him .. pesky germs!!!

Lil just had her first cold at 5 months a bit ago. Took her about a week to get over. When I took her to the Dr. she said there wasn't anything she could give her. She suggested Tylenol, Vapor Rub and a Humidifier. Hope he gets better soon!

Lil just had her first cold at 5 months a bit ago. Took her about a week to get over. When I took her to the Dr. she said there wasn't anything she could give her. She suggested Tylenol, Vapor Rub and a Humidifier. Hope he gets better soon!

This is exactly what I am told for my lo even to put the vicks on the feet and put a full peice sleepr on your lo. I wouldn't suggest using the adult strength vaporub on your lo. They do have a baby vicks, its in a small container with a pink lid.
Poor thing :hugs:

thanks girls will make a trip to boots later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"