Feel so ill! How to stop it?!?!

lilly88

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I'm 5w4d today and feel sooooooo rough. I feel like I've got a really bad hangover. The slightest smell will make me gag (which then ends with my head in the toilet). I feel like crawling around the office as opposed to walking and could literally fall asleep as i'm typing this.

When will it go or how can i help to see it off?

I can't live off Tuc biscuits for the next 7 weeks (assuming this goes after the first tri?!).

Sorry for the moan!

x x

Don't worry about living off tuc biscuits as long as something is staying down, try getting some travel sickness bands . Unfortunately not much will help as its the surge of hormones, also modelling when it will ease. If your start being sick loads you can get anti sickness tablets off your dr

Thank you!

I'm finding that regular naps is helping a lot. I just went and had one in my car (though I didn't want to come back into the office!)

Eating really does help, just eat whatever you can that will stay down. also lots of water if you can.x

Thank you!

I'm finding that regular naps is helping a lot. I just went and had one in my car (though I didn't want to come back into the office!)

I used to sneak into the toilets and just sit there with my eyes shut for 10 mins hehe

Ugh, me too, sleeping all the time! I slept about 9 hours last night and already took a nearly 2 hour nap today. I'm supposed to be doing some more work right now... but I was getting hunger pains so I tried to eat something, now I just feel sick from eating. I sure hope this disappears sooner rather than later! I'm at 10 weeks today, my mom said hers was gone by 12-13 weeks or so. *crossing my fingers*

I heard a good one to try today, for nausea - a few drops of PEPPERMINT essence in a bottle of water and sip it. It's meant to be great. I've had terrible nausea from 4 weeks and still have it now (almost 8 weeks), so I'm gonna try this soon as I am dying here...

Ooo great tip re Peppermint, i'm just sipping peppermint tea as we speak! Hopefully this helps (someone told me today too!).

It's so hard eating. I used to make my lunches and bring them in but now, I don't know what i'll want until just before I eat so i'm buying lunch at work which i'm sure is eating into the baby fund:winkwink:!

I may also turn into one big, enormous Tuc biscuit soon!

Cannot wait to be at home and laying on the sofa in my PJs tonight! x x

Well, I just did the oddest thing and now I feel a million times better. I went to the fridge and cut myself about 5 cubes of sharp cheddar and ate them, now not feeling so awful (!) for the first time all day. What the heck?! Usually, I hate dairy (well, my body does) aside from things like cheese pizza and mac and cheese. Pregnancy is odd.....!!

Also, I wrote in the other thread about what works for me to make morning sickness a bit better: forcing myself out for a brisk walk or short jog in the morning (obviously the walk when I feel too awful to jog) followed by a big glass of water with a scoop of Power Bar lemon-flavored powder. It's made for recovery from exercise and I usually only drink it after running a lot, but for some reason right now the electrolytes + carbs/protein combo in that + cold water + very subtle lemon flavor = heaven. Adding ice cubs makes it even more heavenly. I've heard other people say that lemon squeezed in very cold water can help, so maybe that's why this works for me. :) Also, I'm not a big fan of tea until the weather drops a bit.

I try to drink A LOT of water! That helps me with the nausea. And YES! Peppermints are supposed to help.

Loving the tips girls, thanks! Peppermint tea seems to be working as I've perked up quite a lot!

Haven't moved from my desk in a while and am nervous about doing so lol!

My DH just emailed me saying that he's laid my PJs out for me and has made the curry that I said I fancied! How lucky am I?!

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->