Feel so small for 23 nearly 24 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by GraceyB, Nov 16, 2011.

1. GraceyB

GraceyB Well-Known Member

Title says it all really, I wasn't a tiny girl before I got pregnant like a size 10/12 , but everyone says wow :O when I tell them how far i am gone =/ I just feel so small. Makes me wonder where baby is hiding aha

Attached Files:

2. Katie1

Katie1 Well-Known Member

You have such a cute bump! I bet mine will be about the same size when I'm that far along. I'm almost 16 weeks and practically not showing at all! When did you start to show? I bet yours will pick up speed soon and you'll be amazed :)

3. GraceyB

Thank you :) , urm im not really sure i think i started with a very small bump at about 15 weeks , im sure your bump will be amazing :) think i just have a case of bump envy

4. SAJ

SAJ cautiously pregnant

I think mine will be like your's around 23 weeks too; I was also size 10/12 before getting pregnant. I think you have a cute bump!!

5. Lauren D.

Lauren D. Well-Known Member

Don't worry. In my experience, that period of time between 20-25 weeks is when you can really just start to pop. It's like you don't have a huge belly, and then all of a sudden, after 1-2 weeks, it's there. For me, it wasn't very gradual. I'll bet you'll hit your growth spurt in the next week or two.

6. veganmama

veganmama Well-Known Member

im the same size as you and my midwife the other day said i looked great and im almost 26 weeks

7. painted_pony

painted_pony Well-Known Member

I'm the same size as you, and I'm 25 weeks. I feel like I'm also way too small, especially when I see other ladies at my doctors office who are huge.

8. Lauren D.

Lauren D. Well-Known Member

Just for comparison, here is me at 19 weeks and 4 days:

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/299928_1788267965923_1816298251_1147850_258462119_n.jpg

And then at 25 weeks and 3 days:

https://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/386548_1889573138489_1816298251_1211923_682777162_n.jpg

You can see how much I grew. But most of it happened between 20-25 weeks. All women and pregnancies are different, though!

9. dashnbohemian

dashnbohemian Well-Known Member

I think your bump is the perfect size, seriously!
    My MIL loves to tell me how small I am too... I think people don't actually knows what a 19/20/21 WHATEVER week belly should look like. They ARE all different, after all.

10. 1stimemomma

1stimemomma Well-Known Member

Do you by any chance feel your baby in your ribs?
    Does he/she move alot?
    If so can you see it from the outside?
    Is it a boy or girl? (just curious)

I was the same size of you prepregnancy and I JUST am starting to show within the last week. Somedays I'm the size of you in the pic and I think yesterday I was showing pretty good. It depends I guess on how the baby is sitting. And if this gives you any hope, I read that within the next 4 weeks our babies are supposed to DOUBLE in weight!!!! I think that'll push your pooch out a bit :D

11. pooch

pooch Well-Known Member

i'm not much different! i'm not worried, baby measured 1 day ahead at the last ultrasound. i just think she's low and tucked away.

12. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

you look great!

13. EarthMama

EarthMama Mom of 2 & pregnant!

I'll be 25 weeks soon, and my bump has popped more then I ever thought it would. It's huge and I really look pregnant. But just two weeks ago, people were commenting on "how small I look." So don't worry about it. Each body is different, each pregnancy unique.

14. willowblossom

willowblossom Well-Known Member

I get the same all the time, everyone keeps saying how small i look. Its really anoying! puts doubts in yur head! I wouldn't worry though looks perfect to me! :) xx

15. Bunska

Bunska Well-Known Member

I'm about your size, quite small and my midwife said I was the perfect size for my weeks whennshe measured me last week. In fact shebsaid 'beautiful' which made me glow for the whole day.

16. GraceyB

I dont feel baby in my ribs but sometimes just under , i can see it from the outside though and im having a girl. never thought i would say this but woo i cannot wait to get fat aha :D

17. GraceyB

Thanks everyone :D

18. trudie100

trudie100 Well-Known Member

Your bumps fine hun, i was 6 months yesterday and mines about the same :) x

Attached Files:

19. xCeex

xCeex Well-Known Member

Your bump is perfect, mine is the same. Remember, it will only get bigger lol.

20. 1stimemomma

1stimemomma Well-Known Member

It was just all the sudden that I can feel my son in my ribs while kicking the bottom of my uterus, it's NUTS! I went to bend over the other day and couldn't right away because he was in my way!!!! It was cool and weird. But today I don't even look preggo, but every day I get bigger I get a bigger smile....even though I know that smile may fade as I find it hard to manage doing regular daily chores. lol Have fun watching your bump grow!!!!!