Feel weird about posting about weight...

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
So this whole pregnancy I lost 20 lbs within my first 17/18 weeks, not intentionally and it's really the norm for my pregnancies...anyhow I hadn't gained any of it back yet until about a few days ago, I've been gaining about a lb a day!!!! I know it's not much and I don't have long to go (a week and a half at most, most likely) but I'm just confused as I haven't changed my eating habits at all ( I have GD and have been completed controlling it through diet, low carb, high protein/fat) so I'm just not sure why I'd be not only gaining but gaining this rapidly! I can't tell physically any difference-maybe a little swelling in my feet but not much...any input? Btw just to be clear, I'm not worried that I'm gaining the weight per say, I'm just confused as to why I'd be gaining this late in the game...

Funny the same thing has happened to me this pregnancy, lost a lot at the beginning then I'd say from about 34 weeks I have started putting weight on, a lot too! I dreaded going on the scales at appointments, last pregnancy I dropped 2 dress sizes! I'm not sure the reason for it either, I know,that last pregnancy I had keytones in my urine in later stages that indicate your body is eating it's own fat but it's not happening this time round for me.

Could be just water retention and baby gaining fat? Maybe mention it to your dr, he might want to see you to make sure it's not GD related. Could it be a sign of preeclamsia? I haven't had these issues before so I'm just spit balling.

Looking up symptoms of pre e clampsia and rapid weight gain of more than 2lbs a week is a symptom. Maybe call your dr to be sure?

I can PM you the links in looking at If youd like. (Sorry for the triple post)

I don't think it's pre e as I just had an appointment, my blood pressure was great and I had no protein in my urine...and I had already gained a couple of lbs in just a couple of days at that appointment...I do remember gaining weight in my last tri with my girls but not this late, it was more at the start of my 3rd tri and I'm 36 weeks tomorrow so it's just odd. Thanks though, if it continues on I'll definitely mention it to my midwife!

Here's some info I pulled up on pre-e and the only symptom I have is the sudden weight gain with swelling in my feet but they say that can be normal anyways and I do remember holding on to more fluid toward the end with my girls so I'm hoping it's just that...

Excess protein in your urine (proteinuria) or additional signs of kidney problems
Severe headaches
Changes in vision, including temporary loss of vision, blurred vision or light sensitivity
Upper abdominal pain, usually under your ribs on the right side
Nausea or vomiting
Decreased urine output
Decreased levels of platelets in your blood (thrombocytopenia)
Impaired liver function
Shortness of breath, caused by fluid in your lungs

Sudden weight gain and swelling (edema) — particularly in your face and hands — often accompanies preeclampsia. But these things also occur in many normal pregnancies, so they're not considered reliable signs of preeclampsia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->