Feel Well Poorly - Works Making it Difficult

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
I havent been feeling at all well th past few weeks.

but is now getting worse, am at work and i can literally barely walk,

will write down whats been wrong with me:

my legs ache NON STOP, to the point where i cant hardly walk and cant get comfortable or stop them from hurting

my hip hurts so so much to

my arm ache and hands went numb yesterday whilst i was driving to work, i also almost fell asleep whislt driving.

have no energy what so ever.

get out of breath really fast, and now developed a chesty cough which is making it worse.

i go boiling hot then freezing and shivering.

also had tight stretching feeling across my stomach, last night i had to get in th shower and stand there with it on me relaxing my tummy muscles.

i went to th docs yest, she checked my blood pressure and everything and all was ok.
but feel ill STILL today, even worse.

i also had a fainting episode last week, at work, i stayed at work after it to.

i feel like work are just not taking me seriously. my team leader seems to think i worry to much, i was pretty affended by this, as i am not a over worrier, i am genuinely feeling bloody ill.

i also went to put in for maternity and they wont let me, literally wont let me. said they can as to many ppl are off, am sorry but how is that my problem.

i am not going on maternity to just sit and do nothing i have to move back north from south, get a house sorted, get everything else sorted and they seem to want me to leave it til th very last minute, which i will not do.

i want to be able to chill for a bit before baby is born, and she could come early who knows.

the woman who is my team leader has never had kids so i am wondering how would she know what is actually feels like to feel ill thru pregnancy. i mean yes i would of loved to have a pregnancy where i felt great all way thru, but from the beginning i have felt ill.

i cant lay down without hurting, and it is getting me extremely down

i do feel like i am going to break down.

drove home crying tonight after work as i am fed up.

i am down here on my own, bf goes to afghan in march, i wanted two weeks in feb to spend with him before he went but they wont let me, we needed them 2 weeks to buy stuff for our baby.

feel so upset and confused as of what to do.

going to go to docs tomorrow morning, as i cant cope i just cant!

I hope your feeling better soon xx
I'm having issues with work too but the oposite, I have been off sick for 3 days and they have taken it upon themselves to cancel all my shifts indefinately dispite Dr's saying it's ok to go back next week. Means I'll miss out on all my enhanced hours that I was depending on to buy things for the baby. :-(
I don't think they can tell you you can't start Mat leave hun, if not see your GP and go sick if you feel so bad xx

work places can be so mean at times.

say they are all for their employees when clearly arent

also got told i am not entitled to take my holidays i have?! and she was going on saying how is it right that i can build up hols whilst on maternity, how am i supposed to know i dont work in HR?!?!!

i am going to see what doc says.

dont want to put my babys health in jeopardy for the sake of work - i was very close to handing in my notice as i am sick!

she keeps trying to pry into my private life aswell, i dont have to tell her everything so i wont.

none of her business. and will only use what they can against me, its that sort of place.

thing is i am sure that employers ARENT allowed to sack you when you are off for pregnancy reasons.

i'm not sure they can just cancel all your shifts unless you are actually signed off... they are not allowed to treat you differently from any other employee or in a way that causes you detriment or disadvantage. If you are not happy about losing enhanced hours or you think it unfair then perhaps speak to union if you have one, ACAS or citizens advice...

firstly hugsxx

have you had your iron levels checked? if not request a blood test to see if you are deficient,, x

i pretty sure you can start your mat leave from 29 weeks with or without your employers blessing x

where i work can start it 15weeks before due date, so now i can take it really. but oh no. they making a fuss bout it.

nt sure why as will actually save them money

was talking to a woman i work with n she said she was off for all her pregnancy.
so not sure why they being how they are with me.

work places can be so mean at times.

say they are all for their employees when clearly arent

also got told i am not entitled to take my holidays i have?! and she was going on saying how is it right that i can build up hols whilst on maternity, how am i supposed to know i dont work in HR?!?!!

i am going to see what doc says.

dont want to put my babys health in jeopardy for the sake of work - i was very close to handing in my notice as i am sick!

she keeps trying to pry into my private life aswell, i dont have to tell her everything so i wont.

none of her business. and will only use what they can against me, its that sort of place.

thing is i am sure that employers ARENT allowed to sack you when you are off for pregnancy reasons.

Hi hun,

Sorry to hear you are going through all this! :hugs:

Such a shame your employer isnt' being more understanding. I would suggest you speak to your doc/midwife and see if you can get signed off sick if you are that ill. Even if it's just for a few days to give yourself a bit of "recovery and rest" time. :sleep:

With regards to mat leave, I work in HR and manage the Company's maternity process so I know that they cannot refuse you your mat leave! You can't take mat leave before the 11th week before your EDD though but other than that you can start it when you like. Just notify them in writing when you want it to start from.

And for the whole of your mat leave you continue to accrue holidays AND bank holidays, so they can't deny you those either! :thumbup:

Good luck and feel free to message me if there is anything I can help with! :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->