Feeling a bit lost in here now. Anyone else?

xemmax

mummy in love
Reaction score
I can't relate to a lot of the posts in here any more - the baby stage feels well and truly like it is ending now that Oli is cruising and starting to say words... but I REFUSE to call him a toddler yet and am therefore putting off moving over to the toddler forum for a while yet! I feel like we're totally inbetween stages and it makes me feel a bit lost in here.

I remember feeling this way towards the end of second tri, where I could no longer relate to the ladies in there but third tri seemed SOOOOO scary!

Anyone else feeling like this?

I know what you mean, especially when some posts come up like 1st jabs, rolling over etc. but I quite enjoy being here in baby club as I can give some advice to new mums. And also here are loads of mums with 12 months old babies as well as I like general - non age related posts.
You can still be on Baby Club while moving to the todler forum and you will not miss anything.

me im feeling the same he hasnt felt like a baby for a while but really dusnt feel like a toddler yet either.

YES I was thinking this yesterday! Think I am in denial about 'almost' having a toddler xx :flower:

Yeah I felt like that too although Ruby was not cruising or saying words then! That is so clever of Oliver!

Definately....But like you say, its a bit too premature to move over to toddler...
Theres a ton of threads on sleep issues, reflux, colic, nappies etc and i guess im just kinda used to it all so i cant relate to them much now.
Ill try and advise as best i can where possible, but i dont posts threads seeking advice very often now...:shrug:

I have posted in toddler recently so im veerin towards there of late just to have a peek at whats to come!!!

But ye, your not alone on feeling this way!!!

Also I didn't realise there was a toddler section :blush: x

I know the feeling....I moved over to the toddler section yesterday for this reason. Shes not walking yet but is crawling and cruising, and I found myself reading the posts in there more than here :flower:

Thanks ladies, glad I'm not alone!

I do try and offer advice but to be honest there is a LOT I don't remember from the early days :dohh: much of it has just blurred over time, I blame the lack of sleep!

Definately....But like you say, its a bit too premature to move over to toddler...
Theres a ton of threads on sleep issues, reflux, colic, nappies etc and i guess im just kinda used to it all so i cant relate to them much now.
Ill try and advise as best i can where possible, but i dont posts threads seeking advice very often now...:shrug:

I have posted in toddler recently so im veerin towards there of late just to have a peek at whats to come!!!

You'll find those threads are just as common in the toddler section :haha:

Yeah I felt like that too although Ruby was not cruising or saying words then! That is so clever of Oliver!

Thanks hun, although I feel like I've exaggerated now as he only said his first word 2 days ago :haha: which was 'cat'. Yesterday he was saying 'again' a lot but I'm not sure whether to class it as a second word just yet, until I'm sure it's not just a favoured sound he is making!

He is a cruising pro though - he's been at it for a few weeks now :D

^ This pleases me actually as Oliver STILL won't sleep (up every 30 minutes last night :cry:)

There seems to be three stages I go through in every section - the new stage, where most of the threads don't relate because I'm not there yet; the middle stage where I can relate to almost every thread and the final stage, where nothing is relevant any more.

I remember feeling completely lost in Baby Club the first few weeks because all my LO did was eat, sleep and poop and I couldn't relate to talk of weaning and rolling over and routines. It was the same coming into third tri where everyone was talking about labour and that was still months away.

Im glad Im not the only one, Ive only been looking in toddler last few days but charlie is cruising and crawling everywhere, saying few words like, ta, daddad (gandad) he calls us mum and dad which I find funny:haha: whos that at every picture in the house!:dohh:

Im not ready to move over completely but maybe doing so in next few weeks but maybe back again in 9 months!:happydance:

I don't fit anywhere at the moment! Rosie will be 1 in two weeks so definitely not a baby, but she doesn't talk, walk, cruise or even crawl yet so I feel a bit stupid in the toddler section.

I decided to resolve the problem by heading back to the ttc forum, and now I'm in the two week wait one : )

There seems to be three stages I go through in every section - the new stage, where most of the threads don't relate because I'm not there yet; the middle stage where I can relate to almost every thread and the final stage, where nothing is relevant any more.

I remember feeling completely lost in Baby Club the first few weeks because all my LO did was eat, sleep and poop and I couldn't relate to talk of weaning and rolling over and routines. It was the same coming into third tri where everyone was talking about labour and that was still months away.

That is so true, the middle stage is the BEST! This bit is boring, I feel like I've outgrown this place but I still like it and I'm not ready for toddlers yet!

Im glad Im not the only one, Ive only been looking in toddler last few days but charlie is cruising and crawling everywhere, saying few words like, ta, daddad (gandad) he calls us mum and dad which I find funny:haha: whos that at every picture in the house!:dohh:

Im not ready to move over completely but maybe doing so in next few weeks but maybe back again in 9 months!:happydance:

EEK good luck!

I don't fit anywhere at the moment! Rosie will be 1 in two weeks so definitely not a baby, but she doesn't talk, walk, cruise or even crawl yet so I feel a bit stupid in the toddler section.

I decided to resolve the problem by heading back to the ttc forum, and now I'm in the two week wait one : )

I'm jealous of both you ladies and wish you both lots of luck! No more babies here for another 2 years at LEAST (makes me ache to say it!)

TBH I feel lost on here as well as in toddlers. My DD1 is nearly 4 and most threads are for younger ones. In here my LO is 9 months and most threads are younger babes. I feel more at home on the BF and News and Debates forum and even those progress slowly so I don't know really :shrug:

Im flitting between baby and toddler club as alot of the threads are been there dones thats after 6/7 months xx

:shock:

Nooooo....Its meant to get better :lol:

I feel old in here now. She's been walking almost a month, she's starting to talk and colic and FFing issues seem like a distant memory :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->