Feeling a bit low

neverbeast88

Reaction score
This is a bit of a random thing to post and seems a bit silly doing so maybe.

Just before I found out I was pregnant my partner informed me he had got himself into debt. 2 days later I found out I was pregnant and he understandably was unsure and emotional. He's since managed to change it all round and has this amazing new job. But he's changed so much in such a short amount of time and I shamefully am thinking if I wasn't pregnant would I be with him still.... He's like a different person.

If I don't reply to his texts/WhatsApp he then wonders where I am. If I don't send enough kisses (x's) he assumes I'm in a mood or something is wrong. When we're together he analyses if I don't hold his hand or hug him or kiss him. And when I do he then analysis why it was briefly or without passion or something along those lines.

I have a child from a previous relationship who has been unsettled last couple weeks. My partner and I are not currently living together. My daughter was upset and wouldn't settle in her bed at all, hysterically upset so he offered to leave so I could have her with me in my bed. He then complained I rushed him out the house and didn't kiss him properly goodbye or hug him enough saying my daughter could of waited. He then messaged me saying I give into her and all she has to do is cry long enough and I'll give in and I should be stronger with her.

The other week we had a lovely day out and I wasn't feeling 100% and again my daughter was grisly and suggested he go back to his and he kicked off in a hissy fit again.

I had a bleed at 4 weeks and have been to scans since and he forgot about the dates etc which he didn't understand why it upset me.

Aside from that his mum was texting me asking how he was and how I was so I tried to explain. She just replied telling me to grow up and that he has 1000s of new responsibilities with his new job and forgetting a scan wasn't important.

I don't even really know what I'm asking by writing this but just wanted to vent it. Sorry for putting a dampner on this board. Just feeling a bit low.

Im so sorry you are feeling a bit low.
You certainly have raised a few flags for me. I feel like your boyfriend should be more supportive of you. He needs to understand that your child is your priority and you are a mother first, girlfriend 2nd. And while he could very well understand all of this..the truth is, there are a lot of needy guys. My hubby included. :)
I feel like maybe you need to sit down and just talk to him about it. IF you welcome his opinion on your parenting, then he needs to know that ultimately you decide but all opinions are welcome and you will go from there.
You guys will be having a baby together, so working together now is a good start.
Men forget everything. you often have to remind them. Im sorry he forgot about your scan, next time just remind him a day before or a few days.
Don't worry hun, everything will be ok. Happy thoughts for the baby!!
Hugs!

Im so sorry you are feeling a bit low.
You certainly have raised a few flags for me. I feel like your boyfriend should be more supportive of you. He needs to understand that your child is your priority and you are a mother first, girlfriend 2nd. And while he could very well understand all of this..the truth is, there are a lot of needy guys. My hubby included. :)
I feel like maybe you need to sit down and just talk to him about it. IF you welcome his opinion on your parenting, then he needs to know that ultimately you decide but all opinions are welcome and you will go from there.
You guys will be having a baby together, so working together now is a good start.
Men forget everything. you often have to remind them. Im sorry he forgot about your scan, next time just remind him a day before or a few days.
Don't worry hun, everything will be ok. Happy thoughts for the baby!!
Hugs!

Thanks for replying. Feel a bit silly for posting at all now tbh. The sad thing is I've tried talking to him and it turns into massive arguments. He never admits he is in the wrong and just shuts down saying I'm acting odd or something similar. Then the next minute hes the other end of the spectrum wanting to propose.
Him sulking over my daughter just raised a massive flag which has never been there before and with his hours etc I won't see him till next Thursday and tbh I'm glad as I don't have to worry about arguing or analysing kisses or cuddles or sex till then. I'm not even sure if at the moment I miss him.

Hopefully its all just silly hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"