Feeling a bit taken for granted.....

sallymuffin

Reaction score
Firstly - sorry for the completely whingey whiney post but just need to get a few things off my chest.

I feel a bit like my OH takes me for granted, I'm sure he doesn't mean to but.....I've asked him if he could do a few jobs round the house, just to help out a bit as I'm so exhausted all the time and struggling to keep on top of the house as well as working etc....He says he will but never actually gets round to doing things.

It's only small things that I've asked him to do, I'm happy to pretty much do all of the housework. Just if I ask for help it'd be nice if he could. On top of this he NEVER puts anything away after he's used it, he'll open a letter and leave the envelope where he opened it or he'll come in after work take off his tie put it on the dining table and it's still there days later. I've even resorted to trying to leave the stuff where he puts it to see if it encourages him to put stuff away but he just puts it all in piles and there it stays grrrrrr

I always make his dinner for him for when he gets home from work, if he's going to be late I prepare him something seperate or plate up and warm it for when he gets back and he just sits down and eats it without a word of thanks.

He promised to clear out the office by the end of April so that we could make a start on the decorating to turn it into a nursery - this is going to be a big job as the office was an absolute mess. Anyway he didn't do it so then he said he'd do it after we came back from honeymoon and it'd be clear by the end of May.....nothing until I got a bit stressy last weekend and he eventually cleared it out (ther'es still ome piles of stuff in there that I'm waiting for him to move though). Now I'm waiting for him to finish stripping it so that we can get the walls & wood sanded and smoother ready for me to paint - he won't let me strip it as he says the fumes from the paint stripper won't be good for the baby. I just want it done so that I can get on with the nice bits and nest making lol

I know I'm probably being stupid and should just stop complaining and expecting so much but it just seems to have gotten on top of me today :(

awww hun :hugs: sorry your feeling like this. I dont think its that unreasonable, especially if he promised twice to have something done by the end of the month. Maybe just showing him this post will make him realise how much this has got to you xx

Nope, not a daft thing to worry about - he needs to realise that you don't have as much energy/patience/time as you did before and realistically that is only going to get worse come September. It isn't going to happen all at once though .. maybe start with him making dinner once a week to give you a break?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->