feeling baby move for first time

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Sideways 8, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Sideways 8

Sideways 8 2 toddlers

Hello! My first day in 2nd tri and I was wondering at what point should I start to feel baby move around? Someone also said I might mistake it for gas at first??

Thanks for the info!!

2. Al Syr

Al Syr Well-Known Member

I felt him move for the very first time at 16w3d, then every other day or so, It was a for sure movement by 18 weeks, it is my first baby, I know veteran moms feel it sooner.

3. jett

jett Well-Known Member

I started feeling flutters from about 16 weeks, was not sure it was baby until in my 17th week and Hubby felt the baby move at 18 weeks 3 days :)

but be aware it can be different for all of as.

4. sequeena

sequeena Winging it.

I felt it at 18+5, it felt like twitching at first (I never experienced the popping of bubbles that people talk about). About a week later it developed into light kicks and now they're much stronger xx

5. sarah1980

sarah1980 Well-Known Member

I felt very light flutters from 15 weeks and definate movement at 19 weeks. It does feel very like gas, someone said to me if you feel a rumble that isn't followed by a trump then it's your baby! I found that to be very true!

6. sarah1980

Oh, it also sometimes feels like a muscle twitching inside my tummy! But as a PP said it can feel different for everyone.

Sarah.xxx

7. Sideways 8

Sideways 8 2 toddlers

thanks everyone! I knew it probably wasn't going to happen this early because I definitely feel something going on down there that's like gas... and it most definitely is LOL!!! TMI but I just told hubby that I let about 14 go in less than a minute. Oh the joys of pregnancy :haha:

8. rducky

rducky Well-Known Member

Hey Sideways!

I started feeling flutters that felt like gas at about 19 weeks. I knew for sure that it was the baby at about 21 weeks. Now I'm feeling definite movements like kicks and punches. I have an anterior placenta and was told that this could delay me feeling movements cuz it acts like padding.

9. sarah1980

Me too! I can only ever feel movement down the left side of my bump and at my 20 week scan the doc said that it's likely due to the anterior placenta.

10. Cloe

Cloe Well-Known Member

I started to feel flutters at around week 16 and real little kicks in week 18.... :happydance:

What a wonderful feeling! Yay!

11. Cloe

Cloe Well-Known Member

Ha ha, yes, so true! :haha:

:happydance: