Feeling blue after seeing the doctor...

Dingo1985

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Went to the doctors to tell them that I was pregnant and have come away feeling down. I'm confused about how he worked out my dates and he also spouted a lot of statistics about how likely I was to miscarry. I know I should be realistic but this has just made me feel like I should reign all my excitement in.

Basically, I had sex on the 1st of the month. Had a negative blood test on the 12th. Did not have sex again until the 15th and didn't take an HPT until the 22nd which was positive (who knows when I could have got a positive if I'd tested after the blood test). He's saying that on the 12th I wasn't pregnant because the HCG was negative. I get why he says that but if I had sex on the first and wasn't pregnant on the 12th then where has this positive come from?

He said that the sperm could have stayed alive for a few days before I ovulated and then it takes several days for the HCG to be present so I wasn't pregnant on the 12th.

Urgh.

Anyway, he's saying I'm maybe about 4 weeks - or 1 week if we take the 15th as day of conception which seems unlikely to me with a positive HPT 7 days later - and to go back in 4 weeks to see how I'm going. Unless, of course, I'm miscarrying in which case I should give them a bell.

Oh and my clearblue digital thing said 2-3 weeks this morning.

I have had a couple of bad experiences with the doctors! They just don't realise how blunt they are it's a bad enough time anyway! Best thing to do is put your last period date in an online pregnancy calculator and that will give you a better idea which they should have asked xxxxx big :hug: xxxxx

Ps if the clear blue says 2-3 there's no way your only 1 week pregnant xxx

I would say you are 6/7weeks if you clearblue is saying 2/3 since you conceived

i was also at the docs this morning and she told me not to be worrying about miscarrying as most women miscarry before they even find out they are pregnant! i wouldnt go by clear blue conception indicator as they told me 1-2 on wed and on sat they said 3+ when im not 5wks to tomorrow. the only way to know is when you get your dating scan! x x

ahhhhhh how horrible doctors really dont care sometimes if u got a positive then u are pregnant dont worry about him jsut call and book appt with a midwife :) xxxx

doctors can be awful sometimes. I went to the nurse in december and she tested my urine and said i wasn't pregnant. I asked her to do a second one and she decided to send my urine off to the lab and it come back i was pregnant. Don't take it to heart half of them can't be bothered to be nice they forget we are human beings with feelings. Just keep yourself safe and healthy and if he is disputing dates cant they give you a scan to decide it? X x

I can't go from first day of last period as it was 6th of December - I think I ovulated super late. He basically said that about 50% miscarry at about the stage I am and he mentioned about the ills of early testing when in the past people would have miscarried without knowing.

I'll go back in 4 weeks to book the scan and then hopefully will have a better idea after being scanned.

I just feel a bit deflated really.

Thanks for support though :) x

I'm having the same issues. I THINK I'm 5+5, as I KNOW when I ovulated. The doctor thinks Im almost 8 and the MW thinks I'm almost 9..... guess we'll both have to wait for our scans, but it's frustrating.

Don't let him pee on your bonfire!
xxx

at the docs today she dated me as 6+ which i also know is wrong, she believed me but said that only a dating scan can change it as she has to go by lmp

He wouldn't take my lmp but used the negative blood test as a basis to hazard a guess at the date. He didn't seem to accept my theory that I was pregnant on the 12th but with low HCG levels.

hun i wouldnt worry, your scan will sort everything out! x x

I'm just worried about making it to the scan - feeling so nervous.

i think we all do hun, we just gotta try and keep positive.

I know there are mixed views on cb digis but they have always been 100% spot to my dates. When did you take the cb that said 2-3?

I would say that because sperm can last up to a week (prob 3-4 days in most cases but you could be lucky) You could have conceived anywhere upto the 8th of Jan meaning the 2-3 weeks on your clearblue digi would have appeared somewhere on or before the 22nd.

If you can afford to get some more digi tests you will prob find that it will change to 3+ in the next couple of days.

Hope this helps a bit

i didnt find the digis so reliable, i always use fmu with them and on wednesday i got 1-2 and then on sat it jumped to 3+ when i knew i was days away from 5wks so according to them i skipped week 2-3! lol

With all 3 of my pregnancies they've been spot on to the day, but I must say I never use fmu with them. Every1 is different tho n I know other people who share your opinion. Did you ever retest after that?

no hun i'd be too afraid, if it went backwards I'd convince myself that there was something wrong! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->