Feeling Blue - General Moan and Grumble - Sorry!

Buffy71

Mummy to Harriet!
Reaction score
Well, finally, the hormones are working their magic. I've had days where I've cried at crappy movies, but I'm feeling quite down today.

I woke up at 4am, couldnt get back to sleep. Cat has been poorly, and he still seems unwell so I was worrying about him, I was replaying anything I've ever done not quite right in my life to date (I'm 38 - there's plenty I'd have done differently over all those years!), any times I've treated someone badly, or not quite as I should have, any time I've acted irresponsibly.

Once I'd waded through all that baggage, I then started on current issues. Hubby's company is struggling, he may well be out of work by the end of September, or at the very least keeping it running but not drawing a salary - baby is due early December... perfect! If that happens, I wont be able to take any time off with baby and will have to come straight back to work after the compulsory six weeks at 90% salary. :cry:

I cant seem to get motivated at work at the moment and I'm drowning in that too - I'm the only person who performs my role at work so there's no one to unload to. The FD hasnt signed off on how much he'll pay for my replacement while I'm off on mat leave (for however long) so I cant place the ad yet.

We're supposed to be going away for a cheapy few days hols to a friend's villa in a couple of weeks but I dont see how we can justify spending money and enjoying ourselves on holiday when we have all this going on. I know my hubby needs a break but if we spend £800 on hire car/food/golf etc on holiday, that could have been one more week off I could take to be with baby.

If anyone has read to the bottom of this I'm so sorry for my long boring, miserable rant, but I just needed to get it off my chest!!

Sorry sorry sorry!!

I'll be fine after a cup of coffee and hopefully a good nights sleep tonight. Thank goodness (and on the brightside!!!) its a long weekend!

xxxx

aww hun :hugs: :hugs:

Our Hormones are Mental, Iv been the same myself, been down and feeling Blue past few days, feeling completly sorry for myself

and dont be alpologise for expressing Yourself.. it happens to us all

Maybe a cuppa will help cheer you up :) :hugs: Hope yhuu feeling
a lil better VERY soon xx

:hugs: Hopefully things will have picked up by time baby is here! What does your Oh think about going away, does he still want to go?

:hugs: Hopefully things will have picked up by time baby is here! What does your Oh think about going away, does he still want to go?

Thanks honey.

He does (and he's been working so so hard and he really needs a break), but he also knows that we shouldn't go really. I think that even if we do go, we'll not completely enjoy it because we'll be worried all the time and feeling guilty about every penny.

:dohh:

Hiya

Sorry to hear you're feeling like this - if it's any consolation, most of us do from time to time, even when we're not pregnant and crammed with hormones and baby-related anxieties! (and the ones who say they don't are probably telling porkies!)

I'm a great one for waking up at night and thinking about all the things I should have done differently, but - and I know it's a cliche - the past is the past and tomorrow is another day! As for current worries, things do have a way of working themselves out and surprising you - it seems a weak reassurance, but it's funny how often you do look back and think that actually things didn't work out as badly as you were expecting.

I've found that things do tend to look a bit different after a decent sleep. And also keeping an overactive mind occupied with something else - anything - can help keep the demons at bay.
:hugs:

xx

Sorry to hear you're feeling down - it happens to us all but knowing that doesn't make you feel any better does it!

I'd be tempted to take the break as it'll probably give you the breath of fresh air you need. Even if you don't go to the villa, perhaps a weekend away to the sea or countryside somewhere so you had a change of scenery. A couple of weeks ago we went to Whitby for a few days - just sitting having breakfast by the sea lifted my mood considerably!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for DH's business - things are starting to pick up (slowly) so hopefully by the time LO is born things will be rosier.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. Just wanted to send you big :hugs: really!!

Thanks girls - you've made me smile by being sweet.
xxx

aw dear, i hate it when this happenes and the hormones make you so over-emotional and upset and down, it really gets on top of you doesnt it?

I think you should take a trip somewhere, it sounds like you both need a short break. babymoon! last time you two will ''not be parents'' so to speak, Like someone else said, maybe dont spend 800.. do something cheaper, weekend away, countryside or beach or (i dunno where you live, if its near london i would suggest brighton?) or likewise.

And dont stress too much about money, if you have a job and OH has one, your so so much better off and in a better position than A LOT of people on this website and in general. Even if he looses it and its tight for a while, he will get another one and you will be fine!

try get a good night sleep, ive been trying for weeks,.. maybe you will be lucky!! :D

Buffy, so sorry to see you're feeling down and burdened with so much to fret about. You're usually one of the ones cheering the rest of us up!

Hope you still manage to get away and park your worries for a wee while.

Chin up chick. J xxx

Purple and jmac thanks so much ladies. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back