feeling :( can anyone help?

K

KaeRit21

dont really know where to start with this...just feelin really isolated? for lack of better phrasing...

normally i would just cry to my mum but shes in portugal this week and im missing her like mad...

ever since i found out i was pregnant my so called friends have barely spoken to me, and i have never felt more alone...i cant get anymore than an hours sleep at a time and its making me feel grumpy, and even more :cry:, and av fallen out with oh and have barely spoken to him for the last couple of days..

i just wanna cry all the time, when i know i should be feeling happy at the baby coming...but i cant....

is there something wrong with me?

xxx

Hi there KaeRit21

I have felt really similar and go through periods of feeling upbeat and good and then feeling totally down. Like you, I don't really feel in touch with my friends as none of them have kids and I'm probably the eldest out of our group. I'e felt really isolated and down some days. I've decided to get out to yoga and swimming classes twice a week to give me things to do. I've had problems sleeping but heard that exercise can help to boost mood and improve your quality of sleep.

Put it all down to our lovely pregnancy hormones- feel free to PM me if you want to chat
xx

dont really know where to start with this...just feelin really isolated? for lack of better phrasing...

normally i would just cry to my mum but shes in portugal this week and im missing her like mad...

ever since i found out i was pregnant my so called friends have barely spoken to me, and i have never felt more alone...i cant get anymore than an hours sleep at a time and its making me feel grumpy, and even more :cry:, and av fallen out with oh and have barely spoken to him for the last couple of days..

i just wanna cry all the time, when i know i should be feeling happy at the baby coming...but i cant....

is there something wrong with me?

I can kinda relate to this :cry:

There is definatly a feeling of lonliness and "what am i doing" but i just know it will all be worth it! how old are you?

xxx

Awww you're not alone and there is nothing wrong with you. Feeling lonely is awful, i know that. I know you don't know any of us personally but we are all here for you to talk to whenever you need to.

Have you spoken to your friends and asked them why they have barely spoken to you?
Can you sit down with your OH and explain to him that you need him right now and you want to patch up the arguement that you had?

I find having a good cry always helps. I am on my own a lot at the moment as my OH is in Afghanistan and all my friends and family work. I've also been made redundant so I don't even have work colleagues to talk to so.....I have a good cry and then always end up on here because then I never feel so alone.

Hope you feel better soon x x x

thank you, i genuinely am beginning to feel like am going crazy

xx

ive just turned 21, av tried explaining to OH but we just seem to go around in circles :(

i didnt want to seem like i was moaning but ive just felt so down today i didnt know where else to go :(

xx

I agree with whoever said about doing some excersice to help with the sleeping, Once i move back to my mums next week im going to try and go for a long walk once a week and join a swimming or yoga class. i also will be starting my NCTclasses have you got any of them near you? you can meet people in the same situation and go thru the end of pregnancy together. its scary not having control of your body, but if your body is telling you to have a big cry - have a big cry!! your mums only gone a week dont worry! How far along are you, you dont have a ticker so i cant see.. and how old are you? I woud try speaking to the OH aswell.. good luck!

im 26 weeks today, havent quite worked out how to put a wee ticker up yet..

xxx

same for me :(
seems like i can't even talk to OH about anything (although thats not true!)
but i dont have many friends where i have just moved too

im thinking hopefully it'll pass soon :)
keeping a PMA!

feel better soon sweetie, i think its all part and parcel of pregnancy xxx

awww hunny dont worry it will get better soon :) i know exactly how u feel i posted a thread similar last week when i was feeling really isolated and bored no1 to talk to nothing like my life before getting pregnant! u deffo find out who ur real friends are dont u! hopefully when ur mum gets home and when uve made things up with ur oh u should be feeling abit happier :) <3 xxx

Hehe awww thats what we like to hear and much better now that we can see your ticker and lovely scan pic to :D x x

I may not know how you feel cause I'm not pregnant but you should really just ignore it all, maybe ur over reacting? I'm sure the hormones are just getting the best of you but just go out and do something you enjoy doing!

hey hun, i feel the same at the mo, im 20, havent spoken to my OH for 3 days due to an argument, and most of my friends dnt rly tlk to me nemore, just try keep active to take ur mind off things or come on here :) works for me chick x x x x

thanks chick, these pregnancy hormones have a lot to answer for!

thanks to everyones replys, you've cheered me up, makes me feel less alone x x

Hi Honey :hugs:

You are perfectly normal - you are pregnant, we all have loads of hormones and ANYTHING can VERY EASILY start us off... :cry: (I just have to see a photo of a baby and I am GONE! :cry: ).

I agree with everyone else who mentions exercise: honestly it is THE best stress reliever and sleep help there is :thumbup: . Doesn't matter what you do: a nice swim, a brisk walk... all helps :thumbup:

I started prenantal yoga a couple of weeks ago and quick honestly it is totally fab... not only is it great for pregnancy, childbirth and helping to bounce back afterwards, but you meet all these LOVELY pregnant women in your area. You share experiences and, quite honestly, it is a really lovely atmosphere (I come back feeling pretty loved... but maybe I am little mad :wacko: :winkwink: ). HIGHLY recommend it :thumbup:

Have you looked at doing NCT classes in your area? https://www.nctpregnancyandbabycare.com/home . Again meeting other women/couples in the same situation... might be useful AND these classes are well known for helping to become part of a support group - these are people that you can turn to (and have regular coffee mornings with) after birth. Having a baby is supposed to be a potentially very isolating time - so a good support group (and feeling understood and not alone) would really help you :hugs:. NCT classes are pretty expensive, but people can get very good discounts if their circumstances allow.

Finally, and most importantly, can you sort out your problems with OH? He is your primary supporter and arguments/disagreements that drag on do NOBODY any good... So, somehow, you need to resolve your differences and get back on talking terms and cuddling terms (sounds like you would benefit for a nice cuddle). :hugs:

Good luck
QT

i would definetly benefit from a cuddle. is asking for a cuddle so much to ask for?

ive enrolled in my parentcraft classes, im hoping these will help and av enlisted the help of the local pool to help with the exercises...have managed to rope an older cousin into coming along...

thanks for all the support and advice, its so appreciated especially today...you's have managed to kick my butt in gear

xxxx

i would definetly benefit from a cuddle. is asking for a cuddle so much to ask for?

Sort out problems with OH and get cuddling... :hugs:

All the rest sounds positive too :hugs:

QT

I do know how you feel hun, first of all, when I fell pregnant I was at uni, and dropped out because I couldnt manage, I wasnt doing my best which was making me stressed. I left a lot of friends and everyones so sad that there going into 2nd yr without me...that really got me down. I had to snap out of it tho because it was putting a negative feeling on my pregnancy which I didnt want so I left it alone and now im concentrating on baby.

Its hard for me because my mum died when I was 15 so i dont get to have those conversations you do with your mum when your pregnant. Also my boyfriends mum has moved to england for good (im in scotland), so I cant be with her either. Its really hard for me sometimes, I know I have my boyfriend who is really supportive but sometimes you just need a hug from someone who knows what your going through.

But im here! im still plodding away and so proud of myself that ive got this far.

You will be fine hun, everyone has bad days but we must fight on!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"