Feeling convinced i'm pregnant on Copper coil. Has this happened to anyone else?

phoenix333

Mummy of 2 :)
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I wasn't sure where to post this. I have been driving myself crazy!:wacko:

I already have 2 children under 3 so although I thought I did want another baby eventually, I had a copper coil implanted around 2 months ago to give myself a break between babies.I only had the coil checked it was in place 2 weeks ago but I feel pretty certain I'm pregnant.

Last AF was 1st July. We DTD a few times the following week. A few days after I had crampy pains. Odd I thought, but initially I just put it down to the coil. I have had no nausea, but I have been tired, weepy and irritable. I have also felt baking hot all the time (opening all the windows in sight!). I have felt bloated and have been making frequent trips to the loo. Obviously I've had two kids before so the thought I might be pregnant quickly entered my mind. Then to top it all, a couple of days ago, a week before AF is due again I had really, really light pink bleeding. It was a smear more than anything and there was no cramping along with it. It came, it went and there's been nothing since. I had implantation bleeding with my son and this was identical....

...sooo now I feel pretty convinced but at the same time telling myself it's not possible as there is only like a 1% chance. It's too early to test so I feel in Limbo. OH thinks I am just reading too much into things. What do you guys think? Does it sound plausible I'm pregnant? Have any of you got pregnant or do any of you know anyone who has got pregnant with a coil in?

If I am I will be excited but it would have just come around a lot sooner than expected....:winkwink: xx

I know a nurse on here who saw one case of pregnancy with paragard out of the thousands of patients she treated. So it is possible but rare. Only way yo know is to take a test. I know it is early so try not to read too much into symptoms. Every month I swear up and down I am pregnant. Symptom spotting is a fun way to pass the time but an unnecessary headache lol. Hope everything turns out how you want! Def update us

Yer I kno a lady who got pregnant with the coil so it is possible. Hope you get the outcome you want and defo update us xx

i have no experience with coil as it not been method ive used, like anything its possible nothing is 100 percent however id sway more towards side effect of the coil ? like most birth control methods people experience pregnancy type sympthoms after all you have something in your body tricking it , i had implant i can honestly say it drove me insane with pregancy signs it gave off .
id look up side effects of coil you have and see if they match up if they do least if it is coil and passes and comes back further down line your have that background knowledge , of course theres no harm in testing if it truly gets to much

best of luck hope you get some answers soon

I got pregnant with my Mirena coil in place. When i had my ultra sound it showed that it had slipped from the proper location.

Sadly the removal of the coil caused me to miscarry.

If you're feeling PG then do a test hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->