Feeling discouraged about my weight :(

sheilarae07

Reaction score
I got AF yesterday, which always brings a little depression with her. My husband and I have been trying for almost 5 years. I have PCOS (regular cycles and ovulate on Clomid), he had low motility (corrected with medication), and I just found out that my left tube has fluid in it. It's just been one thing after another. Anyway, other than preventing ovulation, what connection does being overweight have with not getting pregnant? I ovulated every month on Clomid so that shouldn't be a problem that can't be fixed.
I just get upset because I know plenty of women who are bigger than me and they can get pregnant easily so I don't think the weight is the actual issue. However, once a dr. realizes your weight is over a certain number that is automatically the cause of all problems.
Since March, I have lost about 32-35 pounds. My doctor has not acknowledge that at all. He just constantly tells me to lose more. It's so discouraging. Any advice on how to deal with weight issues?

Firstly well done on your weight loss, that's a huge amount to lose!

I'm overweight too and trying to lose a bit/eat healthier whilst trying because I put on 3 stone with my second baby and I can't afford to do that again and it is hard!

I'm not sure what other problems it can cause but at least your ovulating, that's the important thing! I know when I hit a certain weight I stopped getting AF and when I lost some it came back.

Keep trying and stay healthy and I'm sure it will happen for you. I wish u lots of luck!

Thanks for the encouragement. I get an LH surge and AF 2 weeks later.. EVERY month. My progesterone levels show ovulation even without Clomid. I just don't understand why I haven't ever been pregnant yet. It's been a ridiculously long 5 years.

Pcos is worsened by weight.

Check my signature for my experiences on clomid

With pcos your body puts all its energy on balancing your sugar levels, so it can't balance the hormones required for a successful pregnancy to take place. If your sugars are in check your body can focus on creating healthy eggs and an acceptable environment to contain a pregnancy. The recommendation is to cut out gluten ie breAd/ pasta/ rice/ potatoes and cut sugars soft drink / chocolate etc. eat clean. Meats, vege, fruit, nuts etc.

Im too overweight. .it took us 5yrs to conceive our daughter and we started trying again for #2 when she turned one. Nothing was happening for us and I started to panic again that it may takr another 5 yrs.

I went back for advice and again my weight was under scrutiny. One doctor who saw me was surprised that I wasnt put on metformin so prescribed me it.
I was on 1500mg, started taking it in feb this year and I noticed my cycles were starting to shorten.

I decided to buy a clear blue monitor to help me track my most fertile days, I also temp.

My hubby works away and I noticed I was coming up to my peak fertility so I kindly asked my hubby to "get rid" off old sperm 4 days prior to arriving home lol.

We only dtd on my peak days of my cycle and bam...I got pregnant. Ive not lost weight but I consider myself an active woman. It could be pot luck but I honestly believe that the met helped.
They say it takes 3 months for it to work in your system. ..I steted taking met in feb and fell pregnant in july.

This may not answer your question about weight but I hope it helps xxx

Good luck x

Hello sheilarae07,

I am also struggling with my weight, I am a size 26/28 and it seems like all the drs are fixated on it. I finally had enough and was blessed enough to find a new Dr that takes on only bigger women to help them through the pregnancy process from conceiving to delivery. I suggest to you to stay true to who you are and stand up for yourself. Don't be afraid to say to your Dr. lets look beyond the weight and see the real me! Our weight doesn't define us and other need to realize that as well! I wish you best of luck and would love to stay in touch as I am on a long TTC journey myself.

oh my goodness, shame on your doctor :(

I recommend getting a new GP who you like - It will make such a difference. I love my GP so much, he was so proud of me when I lost 7kgs and even though I am still overweight, he is only happy for me while I'm ttc. The positive energy makes such a difference compared to a previous doctor who made me feel like I was wasting his time, rushing me in and out and never smiled...

Get a GP who you like and doesnt just treat you like a number.

Good luck and congrats on losing weight x

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I would check in and see how all is going? I have lost 10 pounds since I started me weight loss challenge:happydance: More to go but happy I am doing it!!!!

Blessings & Babydust,

I have been on metformin a few months, lost 6 pounds and got my BFP on Thursday! Just praying this one is healthy and sticks around for 9 months.

Hopefulfor1st- Congrats :happydance:!!!!:happydance:!!!! So happy for you praying it is a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!!!!!

Could you compare for me in your experience clomid vs metformin?

Blessings & A Big :hugs: Congrats again!!!!!!!:happydance:

Hopefulfor1st- Congrats :happydance:!!!!:happydance:!!!! So happy for you praying it is a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!!!!!

Could you compare for me in your experience clomid vs metformin?

Blessings & A Big :hugs: Congrats again!!!!!!!:happydance:

I wasn't ovulating at all on my own and my doc didn't think I needed met originally.
So I just took clomid to start with and conceived my boy on my first 50mg round.
6 months post partum I still had no period and managed to convince my doc to give me met, I started on 500mg a day and was to work up to 1500, 2 weeks later I had a BFP, but a week later I started bleeding and lost it. That was 3.5 months ago, 60 days after I had a period again and decided to take clomid that cycle, my cd21 blood said I didn't ov and I decided I'd wait til next year to move up to 100mg, I had a + opk on cd34 though and BDed 34/35 and got a BFP on cd50 (2 days ago) hoping it sticks!

Hopefulfor1st-Hmm so Clomid was the key...thank you! I am thinking met might be my answer cause it helps with weight loss. Did you find you lost weight with either? That would be an added bonus for me as I working on losing weight.

Blessings,

Nope it did nothing for my weight. I got told I wouldn't be able to stomach junk food on it but unfortunately I can!

:hugs: aw it's ok ! Your day will come, I know it's frustrating when a doctor tries to pin your fertility issues on weight, of course weight affects it but I refuse to believe it's s major issue considering woman who are 400 lbs get pregnant everyday. Keep going at it lovely! Your day will come :hugs:

Sorry I hadn't replied. I an an HSG last month and it showed a damaged left tube. The doctor wants to do 3-4 IUI's then if I don't get pregnant, we will explore that tube more. I am wanting to do it earlier though. My insulin levels and glucose levels are normal and have been for at least 3 months. They hadn't been checked for a while before then. All other aspects of my blood work have improved. I think the damaged tube is more of an issue than my weight. I totally understand that being healthy and a "normal" weight is best. I am trying. I have lost about 4 more pounds last time I checked (about a week ago).

Hello Ladies,

Sometimes I do get so caught up on my weight but not because it bothers me but because it bothers others and then I am like wait a minute if they didn't like my eye/hair color would I worry about that no! I am an amazing person and know my body best I live it in! I am more then a weight number on a scale or some BMI number I am wonderfully made by God and destined to be a Mom!!!

Sheliarae-sorry to hear about tube! Don't let drs just put your concerns aside if you want to look more at your tube be your own pt advocate and get it done!!! Also congrats :happydance: on losing the weight!!!!

Blessings & Babydust,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->