Feeling down...anyone else?!

mrscupcake

Reaction score
I should be so excited and happy but instead I feel sick, exhausted, worried it won't stick, feel fat...not told many people so we can't talk to people about it. Feeling really emotional. I had some PND with my 2nd which started in 3rd trimester and im a bit worried it could be already starting but also hoping it's just my hormones and that by 2nd trimester I'll feel much better. Husband is away with work for a couple of nights and also found out my friend had a meal with our mutual friends but didn't include us. Already feeling a little isolated. House is also a state as felt to ill and exhausted to do it. It's all these things getting on top of me. Is it just me?

:hugs: I always feel this way when pregnant, which is one of the reasons I'm NOT as upset that this will be my last baby. I'm tired of feeling depressed and anxious. I feel this way all the way through and have depression well after my baby is born, too. I really, really hope you have a better time and that this goes away as your hormones start to mellow out.

Thankfully, one thing that DID change at around 15-17 weeks is that I started gaining more energy. I make a list of 3 things to accomplish every day when I'm miserable in first tri, just to keep my house maintained a BIT. The house was still gross and messy. Now, I'm 23 weeks along, and my house is picture perfect! I have enough energy to get everything done. So, there's definitely hope for you in that department... Having a clean, tidy house makes my stress level go WAY down, so that helps a ton.

I feel this way for sure. We haven't told a soul so the only person I can talk to is DH, which is fine, but I can definitely relate to the isolated feeling. Unfortunately I have no advice to offer. This is my first time so I'm just trying to wait it out.

Have you been to see your doctor yet? Mine won't see me until 10 weeks, but I am hoping the visit will calm some of my worries.

I'm 13 weeks and i feel the same.
I haven't been able to get excited. I'm always exhausted and a little moody...definitly feel fat and worried about my stomach size later on in the pregnancy.
I think its all normal and hopefully will go away at some point... I know i always hate to hear it but sometimes you just have to decide to be happy and enjoy your pregnancy.
Sometimes i dont always notice im being moody so my OH tells me or asks if im ok and then i just need to go take a minute to relax.

Hi hun, I get like this too but you need to give yourself a break. Making a baby is tiring and hard work. It's hard to be happy when your feeling sick / nauseous. I would like to find someone who was happy when then are unwell because they are either lieing or they need a medal.
I remember 7 to 9 weeks being rough and I was sick and tired of it all. Today only I have started to see the light at the end of the tunnel and actually smile!
Just take each day as it comes and don't over think by looking to far ahead.
Go put some nice tunes on and have a nice bath. That's how I've been coping. Think I've had a bath every night so far! Be kind to yourself x

I feel the same Hun, and also worried about PND as I had it after my son. Today ive just felt really low and after a fight with my hubby I couldn't stop crying. He works nights and doesn't seem to see mess in the house like I do so when I ask why he couldn't have washed up or put the laundry away he says he's been tired from work and that seems to be really upsetting me at the mo. Feel like he doesn't believe how tired and exhausted I feel as he expects me to carry on as normal!

But fingers crossed second tri we will feel better. As a PP said a clean and tidy house can really help stress levels if you are used to having things in order. Not being able to keep the house organised has really got me down.

Big hugs Hun x

I feel this way for sure. We haven't told a soul so the only person I can talk to is DH, which is fine, but I can definitely relate to the isolated feeling. Unfortunately I have no advice to offer. This is my first time so I'm just trying to wait it out.

Have you been to see your doctor yet? Mine won't see me until 10 weeks, but I am hoping the visit will calm some of my worries.

No I've not seen anyone, my first appointment is with the midwife in a couple of weeks..I'll be 9 weeks then. I'm sure it will help to talk to someone about it. Xx

I'm sorry you guys all feel the same, but it's also a relief knowing I'm not alone. Thank you for the advice I'll take on board. I'm hoping once I've been for the scan and able to tell everyone I can start to feel a bit more excited.

I felt pretty miserable until the sickness lifted. I found it impossible to feel happy or excited when I felt horrendous! I cried pretty much every day! I did feel pretty happy at my 12 week scan and all excited for the second trimester but then the sickness continued and I felt crappy again! It does get better, I promise and it is so much better once everyone knows and you can talk about it! And it's no reflection on you as a Mum to be, its tough going growing a human! And 9 months is a long time, you can't expect to feel fabulous all the time. Life goes on with its ups and downs! I'm having a bad day today, feel pretty bummed out over a work issue but tomorrow is another day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"