Feeling down. Expecting 2nd baby.

christinebadd

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm feeling overwhelmed lately, and just anxious about how things are going to be with 2 children. I actually feel like crying quite a bit lately. I have a 3.5 year old son who is usually really well behaved, but has been driving me insane lately. I am really struggling with his whining, badgering, and just being so defiant and relentless. I have no idea how I am going to manage with 2 of them. I am trying to nip certain things in the butt before baby comes, which is January. I've been resorting to using time outs when the whining doesn't stop, or when he refuses to listen.

I should also mention that I am a full time stay at home mom. I wake up some mornings just not wanting to do this :(

Anyone else feeling exhausted, and at their witts end?

Hi ya, I feel exactly the same my son is around the same age. I just sometimes feel I need a break from him lol. X

I'm not sure this will make you feel any better but im expecting my second baby too and I work full time which i completely hate. I get up every morning and feel like crying, I'm sure it's just hormones making us feel sad. I feel like I should be doing more for the baby but at the minute there's nothing to do

Me too mama, you aren't alone.

DS will be almost 2 when this baby is born and I'm already dreading it and at my wit's end. He's still nursed to sleep, has trouble napping and sleeping on his own :blush:

We'll get through it :hugs:

YES!!! I feel EXACTLY the same way. I am expecting my third, and I love my kids more than anything in the world, but wow - they are sure testing my limits recently. I have had many, many days where I think "How in the world am I going to handle THREE?!" However, I remember what blessings they are, and I know we all figure out ways to cope and it will be hard to remember what life was like without the new baby. It is amazing how Mothers learn to adjust to new routines. It will be hard the first few months, but I know we will figure things out, and it will be ok (I keep reminding myself that). I am also a stay at home mom, and I just have to try to keep myself as busy as possible or I go crazy. We try to get out as much as I can, even just to take a walk. It is hard, but I know there is nothing more rewarding! :)

Thank you ladies. I really appreciate it. If I wasn't battling these behavior issues with him, I'm sure I would feel less worried. I just cant picture it. I feel at my limit right now. How am I supposed to do this with less sleep? and a child that is outgrowing naps?

When are you moms due? I am due January 14th.

YES!! My LO however is younger but my is she a handful I wake up thinking WHY and HOW am I gonna cope when there is a 2nd one. I'm so agitated too. :wacko:

I'm due Feb 24th; so I'll have a newborn and a toddler going into his terrible two's.

WONDERFUL TIMING right? :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"