Feeling down - late ovulation

S

stargirl69

I came off the pill in January. After charting and temping for months I've realised I'm ovulating late in cycle from cd 24-28. Then I have a shorter luteal phase of about 10-11 days.

Everything I read on the net says that if ovulation holds off past 14 days the egg starts to decrease in quality, but is still fine up to cd20. Past that it is unlikely to achieve a succesful pregnancy due to quality of egg and womb lining is old and starting to break down as egg implanting.

I started taking Holland and Barrett Agnus Castus this month. It's quite a high dose so was hoping for earlier ovulation especially after reading stories on here about how they noticed much earlier ovulation after just one cycle. I'm on cd16 now and my cycle hasn't changed one bit from normal. I know that I'm not going to ovulate until after cd20.

It's horrible knowing you are classed as 'infertile' before you even try to conceive. Has anyone got any words of wisdom or suggestions on anything I can do to ovulate earlier?

Thanks

I dont know anything about Agnus Castus but does it take a while to get in your system and work?

Well when I searched the posts on here most said that they noticed a difference straight away. Some ovulated on cd 24 for example and moved up to cd 14 on first cycle using ac. Others ovulated just a few days earlier.

I think it can take a bit of time if you're not on a high dose, but with the holland and barret ones they are higher dose than most.

Hey stargirl,
i know exactly what you are going through as i have exactly the same bloody problem!
and yes, i too went to Holland and Barrett to get myself their B-100 and agnus castus, worth a try isnt it? sounds like im only a few days behind you, im on CD10 now.
Im just hoping anything will help. but this month i am also not trying he opk's because i got soo stressed using them, i started going mental doing 2-3 a day, lol
but i am using clear blue fertility monitor too.. i got it for only 20 quid off ebay!! (BARGAIN)
The agnus castus, are you taking the dosage it says on the bottle?? 2 a day which would be 800mg???

I take 4 a day - 2 twice a day which would be 1600 mg - that's what it tells me to take on my bottle. I really didn't want to start with cbfm or opks as I'm already obsessed as it is with my cycle! But I feel more and more tempted to start. I just temp and chart just now.

What's your cycle like? Is it only 29 days?

I didn't know about the egg decreasing in quality, no where in 'Taking charge of your fertility' does it say that : (

Yeah - apparently so..

Here's one site I found that says that:

https://fertility-challenged.blogspot.com/2007/12/late-ovulation-does-it-make-it-more.html

and another:

https://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=1

Last months cycle was not complete and this month on CD 18 and no O yet. However, i used to have 31 day cycles with 10 day LP hence i should ovulate on CD20, just in the healthy period. However, my LP is so blinking short and last month i spotted during it. Got a faint BFP at 9DPO then full AF came on 11DPO/CD1 v heavy and bad cramping, sickness etc. I guess i need to lengthen my LP, have started B6 this cycle and will try Progesterone cream to stop spotting next cycle if not joy this one. So pleased i chart or would never know exact O date and not know i had short LP. I love Fertility friend! x

I feel exactly the same about charting! In Wtt people are always saying they don't want to chart etc as it is too stressful, but I am sooo thankful as otherwise I would think everything was fine! I'm also glad I came off pill early - way before ttc to allow my cycles to get at least some sort of normality to them!

My luteal phase is also borderline - 11 days but getting slight pink cm on 10dpo.

You're lucky to ovulate when you do - I would be so much happier if I was at least borderline!

I'm like you as well I get really bad af with vomiting. Let me know how you get on with b6 and progesterone cream.

I think with people who ovulate late and have shorter luteal phases, they can conceive but are more likely to suffer a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I think it's just an awful feeling starting ttc knowing this is likely to happen. I always thought when I got my first bfp I would be over the moon but I really don't think I will be happy until after 12 weeks of pregnancy.

yup
its crap, last cycle i ovulated on cd19 too
im wanting to take the full 4 tabs u see, but i was worried incase it too much... sod it, i might just do it, cos im only taking 2 a day at moment
anything shud help right????
you should come into chat, its funny, lol

cd19 is not too bad. Well the 4 tablets aren't even affecting me - apart from I spotted for a few days after my period which was annoying. I'm going to carry on taking ac but may have to take other things as well.

Good luck with ttc!

I think with people who ovulate late and have shorter luteal phases, they can conceive but are more likely to suffer a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I think it's just an awful feeling starting ttc knowing this is likely to happen. I always thought when I got my first bfp I would be over the moon but I really don't think I will be happy until after 12 weeks of pregnancy.

I completely agree. I wont feel relaxed until 12 weeks, even then it is worrying. I wish i had come off BCP earlier. I have always had dreadful periods and didn't want it to ruin my wedding day but in hinsight i wish i'd just done it. I had 9 months with no AF when i wanted to try, so frustrating.

I will let you know how i get on with B6 and then Progesterone xxx

:hugs:

Oh no, I just read this and am now a bit scared!! I got my bfp this month but ovulated on CD22 so I really hope this isn't true!!

I used Vit B complex this month to lengthen LP and didn't start spotting on 8dpo like normal and lo and behold bfp, I would recommend for short LP x

i have long cycles as well (ovulated on cd46 this one, ovulated after 5 1/2 months last one!) & have been taking ac towards the end of my last cycle & also this cycle from cd1. for now, i'm just seeing what happens. a 55-60 day cycle is definitely an improvement for me! last cycle my lh was only 9 days so i'm seeing what it is this cycle & have vit b6 in stock if i need it!
maybe some people are lucky & ac works instantly. i think i'm one of those that it's taking a while to kick start my system :)
xx

Oh no, I just read this and am now a bit scared!! I got my bfp this month but ovulated on CD22 so I really hope this isn't true!!

I used Vit B complex this month to lengthen LP and didn't start spotting on 8dpo like normal and lo and behold bfp, I would recommend for short LP x

Sorry - I didn't mean to scare anyone. I'm sure you will be fine! There are women who ovulate later and go on to have healthy babies. I'm just a worrier! I read too much then worry myself! But I just want to be informed as possible before ttc.

I have had 3 mcs and I have a relatively normal ovulation time cd12-14 so if you are going to miscarry then you are going to miscarry regardless.

I think you can read up too much on internet in books etc and feel doom and gloom about everything (I know I do after having 3 mcs).

You haven't started to try yet by the sounds of things so don't get too hung up on something that may not be a problem for you. You never know, you might be one of the lucky ones who falls pregnant straight away. You have to remain positive.

I've had many setbacks over the past year but I have to stay positive and it is really hard at times.... especially when :witch: arrived yesterday, but one day I believe it will happen for me.

Keep positive xx

Thanks Widger - I think you're right. My hubby says the same. I think it's because I've been wtt for so long I convince myself that when we do ttc something will go wrong.

Good luck with your ttc journey!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"