• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Feeling Drained...

KX

Reaction score
Lucy is 9 weeks and I am still bleeding...Surely this cannot be normal?

Im due my 6 week check-well overdue, but I dont want to go til the bleeding has stopped as they do an internal to see if everything is back in place, and I dont want them doing it whilst Im still bleeding eeww.

My anaemia is bad too-on 3 iron tablets, and I feel totally drained.

I wished I was one of those lucky bf'ing mums who didn't bleed for months!

Any advice ladies if this is normal or what you think?

Still feeding Lucy myself, I said if I ever got to 3 months Id be pleased, only another few weeks to go! I am going to do it til she gets teeth!lmao!x

Hey hun- I don't have much to tell you other than that I bled for 9 weeks. And I know that if you're back on any type of birth control, that may affect the bleeding. I breast fed and that didn't help me with it either, lol! Good luck hun!:hugs:

cant offer any advice hun sorry, but didnt not want to post, i think you have done fantasicly well with the feeding, you are going to be my insperation(sp?)!

hope you start to feel better soon :hugs:

x

I had bleeding for 8weeks but the last few weeks it was hardly anyhting, just spotting really.I wouldgo and get it checked out, it won't be helping your aenaemia - though after that there was nothig for 10 months :)

woohoo 3 months - fab achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was bleeding on n off for 6 month, but i id get the implanon in at 8 weeks after birth, id go to docs hun :hugs:

Sorry you're feeling crap. You're doing so well hun, 9 wks in and you're bfing Lucy - well done.

I'd mention the bleeding to the HV or the Doctor.The bleeding isn't related to the breastfeeding it's from the placenta coming away. Just for piece of mind to get it checked out.

Although you're on iron tablets you'd benefit from making sure your diet is rich in iron rich foods and make sure you're having enough vit C as this aids iron absorption. Drinking OJ (not from concentrate) will help.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Hun i Bled for ages with maddie i think it was for 9/10 weeks!

Go to doctors hun, well done on the BF for so long your doing great

xxx

Sorry to hear you're under the weather. Didnt want to read and run :hugs:

But like Imi suggested i'd call the doctors hun.

Xx

Hi hun :hi:

I too would just mention it to your GP for piece of mind.

You have done so well with the BF.....you should be very proud of yourself!!

Hope you are getting as much rest as is possible and like Lucy said, enrich your diet and have Vitamin C too, this may help a little bit more than the tablets alone. x

Hi hun, sorry you're not feeling so great. I'm sorry i havnt got any advice or experiences to try help you as i only had my son a week ago so this is all new to me! But i just wanted to say well done on the whole BF! I only managed to BF Oliver for 4 days and couldnt bare it any longer, i was so sore and constantly worried he hadnt had enough! I envy anyone that can keep it up :) Well done and i hope you get sorted soon and feel better. What does your GP/MW say? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"