Feeling fat

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just want to know if anyone is feeling the same as me. I am overweight for my age and height. I was trying to loose weight but have found out that i am pregnant. I feel fat and unatractive. I am very happy about being pregnant but i know that i am going to end up massive. All around me are beautiful skinny girls. I live in spain so it is hot all the time but the last thing i want to do is go to the beach because i look like a whale! Does anybody know if there is a way to loose weight when pregnant? not by dieting but exercise?
I really need some self confidence as my bf is getting fed up with me putting myself down all the time. I wont go out because i feel so fat! it is putting strain on our relationship which is stressing me out and i know that this is not good for our baby. HELP!! :wacko:

Sweetie, I had a breakdown a few days ago about this. I have only gained .4 lbs in the last month, but nothing fits! I'm worried I won't "show" like slimmer women, I'm worried that my being overweight will hurt the baby. Its perfectly normal.

For a woman who is overweight and is constanly concious of any weight gain, just putting on a little bit can be devastating. But remember that any weight gain is a side effect of the fact that you are creating a miracle! Treat yourself, buy a nice outfit or wear something you already own that you feel sexy in. Go out with the OH and have a good time.

Do NOT try to diet while you are pregnant. Instead, follow a pregnancy diet. It will help you get the nutritional requirements you need for you and baby, but will avoid many uneccessary calories! If you already excercise don't give it up, if you don't start a light exercise routine (walking, swimming, etc) which can actually make your pregnancy much healthier. PM me if you need anything. Boy this was a long post.

That sounds like a good idea i think i will treat myself to a new outfit and maybe take the oh out for dinner or something. Just hope it makes me feel better. thanks for ur quick reply hun. you are a star.:flower:

Yeah you should follow the pregnancy diets that are set up, basically the diet that we're supposed to eat every day when not pregnant anyway, a healthy balanced one. Go for a walk, or go swimming, don't push the exercising, only do what you can manage. Don't worry about feeling fat, even the skinny girls feel fat. Its a girl thing. And just remember your going to gain weight for good reasons! I can barely look at myself most days, and won't take my top off in front of my OH because im too ashamed of the fat bits and stretch marks. Its perfectly normal! As long as your OH loves you and you and your baby are healthy thats all that matters! Good luck hun xx

Oh hun I'm sorry you are feeling this way....I know how you feel though I am a big girl too and right now with all the bloating going on I feel MASSIVE!! I am uncomfortable most of the time, and feeling quite emotional about it today (could have cried all day) But dieting now isn't a good idea, just eat healthy and often and start maybe walking with you oh everyday. My dh HATES it when I mention that I am massive and ugly right now (breaking out and greasy along with bloat) so I try and remind myself that he is with me because he loves me and I wasn't a little girl when we met anyway. Hope you feel better soon hun congrats on your new baby and have a healthy 9 months:hugs:

I'm focusing on eating foods that are good for me and getting some exercise. I posted a thread about this the other day (well the diet and exercise stuff) have a look, some good info in there

Im sorry your feeling this way, i feel the same its hard not to be self concious.Im trying to eat healthy because i know weight gain is inevitable but its still hard to deal with especially since ive got a history of eating disorders didnt even think i could have kids because of it so now im just enjoying the miracle, worry later and enjoy your pregnancy i say! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"