Feeling guilty but have been presribed Erythromycin for sinusitis

Kapow

OH, Moo moo and lil ted.
Reaction score
I've just got back from my GP after being prescribed Erythromycin for a sinus infection (I'm allergic to Penicillin).

I've really tried avoiding all medication during my pregnancy and really don't want to take them.

I've had the infection for almost two weeks now and there is no sign of it clearing up I've been up most nights in agony.

Anyone else had to take antibiotics? Were there any ill effects?

Sorry to grumble but I'm feeling rubbish to be honest with you!

xx

Hi Hun

The best person to ask would be your GP or Pharmacist. I am guessing they are aware you are pregnant and therefore wouldn't put you or your little one in any danger. Nevertheless, they can make mistakes, so I would call your GP and ask for the duty doctor. Explain your very legitimate concerns to he or she and I am sure they will advise. I honestly don't think they'd prescribe anything you shouldn't have and since this has been going on for a few weeks they just want you to be nice and healthy.

Dana xxx

Ive take Erythromycin 3 times so far for chest infections :hugs: Sometimes we have to take things xxx

As long as your doctor knows you are pregnant, I'm sure it's absolutely fine to take them, they wouldn't give you anything that could harm the baby - and I think you'd probably be doing your LO a favour by taking them and getting better, as the more well you are, the better you are supporting your LO in there. :hugs:

I actually conceived my first child thanks to Erythromycin - I'm allergic to Penicillin too, and my doctor didn't tell me that it messes with the Pill! So I would have been taking it early in the first trimester (which I think would be the worst time to take anything), and she turned out absolutely fine :)

Like others have said, if your GP has prescibed them then the risks are low. It is annoying when we want to avoid taking things but sometimes it's unavoidable and OUR health is as important as babies - a happy and health mother = a happy and healthy baby. I had antibiotics for a UTI right at the start of my pregnancy then more for a chest infection around week 13 as well as steroids and now I am having to take painkileers for SPD. You would only be prescribed them if the benefit to you outweighed any risks involved.
Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

i just got antibiotics for my sinus infection too, doc wouldnt have given em me if i couldnt take them

Erythromycin is safe as I was prescribed it by an obs consultant when my waters broke, as did all the other girls whos water were broke. Hope that reassures you x

Thanks ladies I've just popped the first one!! Heres hoping it clears up soon and I can get back to work! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->