Feeling guilty for having another baby?

Mimzy3

Reaction score
DS will be two in a couple weeks and he is very much so a momma's boy. We were cuddling on the couch reading a story the other night and I felt sad thinking how different things will be once the baby arrives. Will we get moments like this again? How is he going to adjust? All these things were running through my head. And I almost feel guilty having another baby. I know in the long run he will be happy he has a brother but I just worry how he will adjust and pray we still keep our close relationship. Please tell me I'm not the only mom that feels this way?!

I was an only child, I would have happily shared my mum if I had a sibling, something I very much wanted....

My DH will now have 3 kids (our DS and he has a daughter from a previous relationship). He loves those moments with both his kids, both individually and together. He makes sure that they each get some of his time every day usually at bedtime. He will read to them together and then individually. It may take a little more effort but those moments of bonding will absolutely happen!

I often look at my DS and wonder if it is possible to love anything as much as I love him. I wonder if I'm crazy to even try sometimes and just like you I will miss knowing that I give him everything I've got. The moments are fleeting though as I'm so happy to be growing my family <3

Having had a 26 month old when DD was born 3 months ago, yes. It will never be the same, but you will have plenty of those moments, especially at first. Newborns sleep a lot! Most of the time it will feel like nothing has changed for 1-3 hours at a time. The adjustment will be sudden, but still gradual because it will be a while until your new child needs play/engagement, at first they will just need to be fed, changed, and put to sleep (over and over again!). Your child is young enough they will never long term remember life without their sibling, and that is a good thing. They are much less likely to have jealousy issues as an older child who will remember having mommy and daddy to themselves.

Trust me, more children just mean more blessing (although there will be moments where you don't feel that way!). It will be tough. You will still have these guilty moments after your baby is born, but it will slowly go away. When you see your older child and baby interact, it will be okay. I promise.

ETA add picture!

20150721_173231.jpg

It will never be the same but it will be oh so wonderful...I think lots of moms feel scared in some way or another when number 2 is on their way. I remember feeling so afraid that I wouldn't be able to possibly love my 2nd baby as much as I loved my first, not only was I able to but seeing them interact with each other and now that they're older, play and laugh together and hug each other...I can't imagine a better feeling as a parent-sometimes I get so overwhelmed with joy I can't help but cry a little :)

I feel exactly the same. My baby will be 23 months when his sister is born. We are still cosleeping and occasionally breastfeeding too. I just want to make the transition for him as smooth as possibly.

Yup. I feel guilty and worried that I'm not going to do as many tthings with my daughter. She is excited about baby however! She wants her to sleep in her room!.

Yep I feel the exact same way love my girl. More than words could describe can't I again loving another the same but I'm sure I will do :) and I too really hope I can stay just as close to my daughter as I Am now I would feel heartbroken if she felt pushed away or left out

Yes I know how you too feel too I have a soon to b 6year old and my baby girl is going to be 1(sept 20) and sometimes I worry if there is enough of me to go around I know newborns can be needed but she will need me too I know I can do it but that's one of many things that run thru my mind. I think once out babies get here everything will fall into place

You will get moments like that again, they wont go away. And better yet you'll have another one to cuddle and have those moments with. The newborn adjustment is the hardest, but after a while you won't be able to imagine your life with out him/her.

Mimzy I could have written this myself and I have cried many times about it my DS will be 20 months when his little sister arrives and he is such a mummy's boy and we love our cuddles etc but I am hoping this will not change too much and he is young enough that he will adjust and not remember life without his baby sister

:hugs:

Thank so you much ladies for all sharing:flower:

Youre not the only one! My little girl has had me to herself for over 3.5 years and I constantly worry for the same reasons as you. My plan is to try and involve her in the baby care as much as possible. She's really excited so I'm hoping I can make it a sort of shared experience. I'm sure she will find it hard initially to share me though :-/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->