feeling guilty!

southerngirl2

Reaction score
My mother is going to be a grandmother for the first time when my baby is born in March. She's totally excited and I'm glad that she is. Honestly I think she might be more excited than I am... I'm happy about it and excited about it, just not on the same level as my mom. I don't want to get my hopes up until after I go to the doctor in case something isn't right with Baby M... and I'm feeling totally guilty over not being the most excited person over this pregnancy...
Anyone else had these feelings?
I hope I'm not alone... :(

My mum and sister are super excited by this baby - as are DH and i, but i refuse to allow myself to get excited yet until i have my scan on Monday and know that everything is fine with my bubble. I had an early loss in October and it's taken a very long time to get to where i am now - after losing my first miracle that kind of heartache is something i wish nobody had to experience. As soon as you see that BFP - you can't help but make plans and look to the future, it's only natural, but sometimes that fear holds that excitement back

Once Monday come and everything is fine - i might actually start to believe this is real!

Aww hun :hugs: it's completely natural to feel like that. Nobody else has to worry about looking the baby or anything being wrong. It only seems to be us mum's who do xx

I don't think that your family members have as much to loose if something happens to this pregnancy. Dh and I definitely are not getting too excited this time. We just saw the heartbeat today and we are still not getting ahead of ourselves.

The good thing is that you and DH are not negative about the pg.

You're not alone. Of course I'm excited, but I'm also nervous for lots of reasons, which makes it harder to show my excitement. I was taking a medication before finding out I was pregnant, and even though my doctor said it was not a concern, I still don't think I'll feel blissfully happy until my 12- and 18-week scans, assuming the baby is developing properly. My parents, sister, and in-laws are ecstatic. Hoping I'll feel that way soon...

I still feel the same way. Our families seemed to be similar to how we felt, but the further along I get, the more excited they get, and plans they start to make (like bringing out old baby furniture).

I still can't imagine actually being able to bring home a baby in January, and I feel so guilty about that! DH will be sweet and occasionally say something along the lines of "we're having a baby" or making plans for it, and I still find myself saying "assuming everything works out"... which upsets him.

I still feel the same way. Our families seemed to be similar to how we felt, but the further along I get, the more excited they get, and plans they start to make (like bringing out old baby furniture).

I still can't imagine actually being able to bring home a baby in January, and I feel so guilty about that! DH will be sweet and occasionally say something along the lines of "we're having a baby" or making plans for it, and I still find myself saying "assuming everything works out"... which upsets him.

Oh my gosh, SCgirl, my husband and I always say the same thing! He says, "We're going to have a family!!" and I respond, "I hope so. I hope everything's okay." I think I just naturally worry more than he does, and I can't help but contain my excitement until I know the baby is fine. My friend actually tells me to STOP and please enjoy my pregnancy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->