Feeling guilty

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I’m a mama of 2 boys and a girl. I’m pregnant with my 4th baby and yesterday we found out we’re having another boy.

Now, I’m not disappointed in the fact I’m having a boy in the way of that I don’t love him, I do.

I’m more disappointed for my daughter and anxious for her because she’s already got 2 big brothers and 3 male cousins so she’s very much surrounded by males. Now she’s got a little brother coming and I suppose my disappointment stems from wanting to have given her a little sister so she’s got a buddy onside for her who can share that load and level things out a bit.
I know she’ll know no different but I guess because I will, it’s getting to me more.

I love all my babies. I wouldn’t change having any of them for the world but I’m just having a tough time wrapping my head around the fact that she doesn’t have the little sister I’d hoped to give her.

I didn’t want to feel like I wanted to needlessly try again for a sister as I could be going forever but this void in which I feel like I need to keep going until she has a sister, will it go away?

I feel so guilty because it’s not like I don’t feel anything for my little boy growing inside me, because I do! I guess I just feel like I have this gap that I need to fill and I can’t make sense of it in my head.

I think she'll be happy either way, when it comes down to it! I'm sure you know that too. If she does ever feel like she's missing a sister, then she'll fill that hole herself one day with a best friend, like my niece has done.

I truthfully do not believe she'll ever feel like she is missing out. I am a middle child with two brothers and they are my best friends to this day. Now, growing up they were little buttheads to me, but I always knew they cared for me. Now we are all in our 30's and I trust them both with my life. They are the first ones I go to when I need to vent or when I have good news. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Thanks for your replies. I think I’m coming round to it all now and to be honest, Carys holds her own so much for being nearly 16 months old, she’ll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->