feeling gutted :(

Reaction score
DH just told me he doesn't want to use the clomid we were suppose to start this cycle. I started spotting thus evening and would need to take it cd3. But he says he doesn't think he'd be a good enough father of we got pregnant with twins. He says he's just too scared of twins.

Have you talked further about it? I think a lot of guys, mine is anyway, are nervous about babies in general. And tbh, it's completely natural. I feel like I bounce back and forth constantly about whether I'm ready or not! But talk to him, discuss both of your feelings about it.

Yes we have. He said if we didn't already have children or only had 1 child, he would feel differently. He says we can't afford two at the same time plus our 3. He says 5 is way too many and he doesn't think he'd be a good dad with twins. The list goes on with his reasons. He also thinks we'll conceive if we just keep trying.

You should tell him that the rate of twins is so low like 8%! That's a 92% chance of not having twins! Injectables it moves up quite a bit to like 20-30 percent chance of twins.

Try Femara. Talk to your doc. Almost no chance of twins on it. And like I have said before and 1nce said...the chance is so very low for twins on clomid.

I think if you take clomid later on cd5-9 then you only release one more mature egg where as if you take it on cd2-6 like I did then there is a chance you could have multiples! Do a bit of research on it and see if you can convince dh to try it

We had a follicle scan at cd 10-13. You could hold off till you only see one follicle. It would reduce your chances a bit but possibly less than not taking the clomid at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"