Feeling heavy in my bottom

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Okay a little tmi here.

With DD I had to do physical therapy because after she was born I had weak muscles down there making it feel like my vagina was going to fall out all the time. Physical therapy helped and only when my period is coming I'll start feeling heavy down below - PT said it was hormones making that feeling happen.

Tomorrow I'll be 5 weeks, and I had to sit down from doing dishes because I felt like I was going to fall out down there. Could this be hormones and normal? Or something worrisome? I'll have to wait until Monday to call my dr about it

I had the same after my dd, my upper vaginal wall was weak and my cervix was very low to the point where walking was uncomfortable. Like you mine has gone pretty much except sometimes on my periods, the reason for that is when you're on your period things relax down below and your cervix moves lower and opens.
With pregnancy the progesterone in your body makes things relax, though your cervix won't be low. So the relaxing walls makes things feel a bit prolapsed again :/ it's nothing to panic about, but talk to the doctor and see if they have any ideas to help you. They'll probably talk about pelvic floor exercises and stuff again but they might have more up their sleeve so to speak haha.
I hope it gets better hun, but it's likely to just be uncomfortable for you, rather than having any negative effect for the pregnancy x

Thanks Mummafrog :) That's encouraging. I'll definitely call my dr on Monday to see if there's other things I can do to help it along with my old physical therapy exercises.

I want pelvic muscles of steel so labor will be easier this go around:haha:

Haha if only we could have a pelvic floor of steel! XD

hello dragonfly

I also have a prolapse following the birth of my daughter, (grade 2 cystocoele and rectocoele) and before I got a pessary my cervix would frequently sit at the entrance to my vagina. with a simple ring pessary it is well behaved - i have no idea it's even there.

During my second pregnancy - i was under consultant care because of this - and at 6 weeks the cervix started to sit outside again. I was told this would be managed with ring pessaries - but they would need to get larger as everything relaxed. Sadly I miscarried that pregnancy at 11+5 but it was chromosomal and not to do with the prolapse. My obs said she had managed a few women - and in her experience the first tri is the worst - as once the baby lifts out of the pelvis everything goes back to staying 'up'.

With this pregnancy - I'm mid 6 weeks - unclear exactly and am not feeling much down below except a little chafing - and if I check at times my back vagina wall is out, but not the cervix this time. Yet again I think it will be managed with increasing pessaries. I was told between pregnancies I would not be offered any corrective surgery for this until I have completed my family - which I'm not going to ever say I have until I hit the menopause!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->