• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Feeling Isolated!

topgashead

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been reading these forums for months but have never posted but I am feeling really isolated and need someone to talk to besides by husband!

We have been trying to conceive for 5 cycles. My cycles are between 25-27 days. I am currently on cycle day 31, making me at least 4-6 days late for my period and 17dpo, which has never happened before (I'm no more stressed than usual!). I am usually early if anything, with the last few cycles being 23 and 24 days!

I had a possible implantation bleed (tiny amount of light pink blood once on toilet tissue after wiping) 6dpo with AF-like cramps. I had no PMS symptoms (usually get spots and sore breasts 3-4 days before). My breasts have become sore since being late and I have had on and off AF-like pains in lower abdomen since 14dpo. No sign of AF at all.

However, I had a BFN on clear blue digital at 14dpo. All the signs tell me that we have been successful this cycle, but the evidence doesn't back it up! I thought clear blue was pretty reliable? I broke down after seeing the BFN so I'm terrified to test again.

What are people's thoughts? Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Lucy x

Hi Lucy

Sorry you're feeling down.
Have you tested on anything other than clearblue digital. They need a higher level of hormone to turn positive and it might not have been there at 14dpo, that's still pretty early.
I'd try either
A) another clearblue digital now. Get the Conception indicator one(that says in weeks as they are more sensitive) or
B) try a line test. Best line test is first response early result which should give you a categorical line or not.

Your symptoms sounds fantastic as does the fact that you're late. Lots don't test positive on a digi at 14dpo

Thank you for your reply Joybel. I did test on the clear blue digital with weeks indicator :( that's what makes me think maybe it was correct. I tested on Waitrose own brand, but that was at 11dpo and it isn't a sensitive test, it can only be used 14 dpo at the earliest as sensitivity is very high on them. I know I need to take another test for a definitive answer, I just don't feel ready to completely give up hope and feel distraught again!

I should say that I have been pregnant before, over 13 years ago and, from what I can remember (it was a very long time ago) I tested negative for a while, but it was so long ago I cannot remember how far past I got a BFP.

Even at 14 dpo the Conception indicator one could still easily be negative. What I meant was you should get something definitive now at 17dpo on the weeks Indicator one.

Good luck! If you were slow to show on tests last time then there's more hope!!

When do you plan to test again x

Good question. I want to test with fmu just incase I am slow to show, but don't want to do it before work based on my last reaction to a bfn! So I will wait until the weekend and if af doesn't show test Saturday morning! I have an appointment scheduled with my GP Monday also.

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. X

Sounds like a fantastic plan. I know the feeling about not wanting to test to avoid being crushed. I usually decide it's better to know and deal with the result regardless than linger on agonising not knowing either way!
Please send me a PM or update here when you test!

if you implanted at 6dpo, and started with 1 miu of hcg by 14dpo you would only have about 16 miu of hcg. A CB Digi with weeks has a sensitivity of 25 miu. so it would be negative. Definitely try a FRER as they have a sensitivity of 10 miu (some as low as 6 but I find that is rare).

Thanks ladies. I might test tomorrow not sure I can wait. I had a small amount of strange tan/light brown discharge a few hours ago. Might just be that I am late after all. :(

Hi all, just to update. I tested as soon as I woke up... BFP! Line came up straight away! Thanks for your help and support. X

oooh Congrats. Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!!

Congratulations I'm so pleased for you!

Thanks Joybell! And thanks for your support and advice. I am still more relieved than anything I think. It's still sinking in! Fingers crossed for a healthy 9 months! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"