Feeling "just done" with TTC...

MerryBe

Mom of 18mo DD
Reaction score
Husband and I have been trying for #2 since February, and ever since we passed the point of how long it took for us to conceive DD (five months, July), I've felt just "done" with TTC. I know it's not that long in the grand scheme of things, and I feel ashamed of being frustrated with it when so many women don't ever see that second line or have to wait much, much longer... but I've noticed that while I used to get a second wind of excitement after AF would start (the "yay, a new month!" feeling), I don't get that any more -- and I spent a lot more of the month having no hopes and being pretty dismal about it in general. The first five months, I would try so hard not to get my hopes up and do it anyway and then be utterly crushed -- I think I'm just trying to keep from feeling that, but it does suck the joy out of this whole process. Does anybody have a story about how they broke a rut of feeling like this?

Id love to hear stories as well because I am feeling the exact same way :\. This is our 8th cycle TTC #1. I feel exhausted and almost depressed. I also feel like im turning into a bitter person. I LOVED hearing about people getting pregnant, but now I feel like I am a bitter apple and just dont wanna hear it.

I try looking at every month as an opportunity to learn more about my cycle. When we first started TTC after about 3 months I thought I knew it all about my cycle. But it wasnt true...its ever changing. I guess one of the ways that I "feel better" about all of this is that I am constantly learning something new about myself..and the more I learn, the easier it is to deal and make changes (like my diet, routine etc.)

Our day will come soon! Fx!!!
Id love to hear what others have to say as well!

In our 7 years of trying I have gone through many phases of different emotions, I usually get excited and hopeful when there is something new to try (new supplements, fertility meds ect) then when 6 months go by with nothing but negative tests I start feeling like it may never happen and were waisting our time trying. sometimes when I start feeling negative a TTC break can help.

I am on my fourteenth month of trying...and right now we are kind of just waiting to see what our treatment is going to be at the fertility clinic. I feel the same way...this whole process has sucked whatever fun it could have been....I dreamed of just finding out by a happy surprise that we were pregnant, and I've come to accept that will never happen.....For me, I think that "breaks" from TTC are good....In my particular case, nothing will start my period (probably until they can get me to ovulate) unless I take birth control.....So, I take a month of birth control to get my period....and during that month, I am still sad and everything, but I am not crazy from peeing on ovulation sticks three times a day just to determine I haven't ovulated....and that takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. I actually can't wait to have ultrasounds a few times a cycle, so I actually know what is going on in there! Also, I have found a few really good stress relieving teas (the brand is yogi), and I have found this to be a comforting routine at night. My advice is to take a break if you need to....a month off to just enjoy being a couple again, and pamper yourself a bit! Hope any of this helps! Good luck hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->