feeling like a bad mum

florence_

mum of one
Reaction score
I'll keep it brief I suppose I just want reassurance that I'm normal??

10 weeks pregnant and through ms colds tummy bugs and working night shifts I've felt suitably shit everyday so far. This pregnancy was planned and I'm over the moon but the way I feel I can't give my all to my 20 months old son and my husband. I'm a nurse and works heavy and I feel it a chore (usually I love my job) .

I don't remember feeling this crap last time I know our minds are good at helping us to forget but I feel like I need some pro plus a few cold and flu tablets and the strongest coffee going!! But of course I can't. I feel like my little boy just watches peppa pig over and over and I'm in bed by 9 secretly wishing I was at 7!! Anyone else feel this way... does it pass xx

I think its normal. My kids have been watching WAY more tv than is considered "healthy". Weve been eating way more convenience foods (think hot dogs, mac and cheese, frozen chicken fingers, ect - I do make sure I give them fruit and veggies with it though!) than Id like to admit. We havent had full drawers of clean clothes in weeks, instead we're getting them out of a laundry basket of clean clothes in the laundry room. My floors could stand to be washed, and my windows have an unnecessary amount of goop and grime fingerprints.

Right now, THIS is our reality. Im exhausted, not feeling well, I dont have the energy to do everything I used to do. Its temporary. We all know it. In a few weeks the fog will clear and I'll be back on top of things like I was before. I decided as soon as I found out about this baby that I wasnt going to stress myself out and beat myself up over not being able to do everything. Its a short season in our life right now, and no one is going to die from living in it. My kids are loved and they know it, the extra tv time gives us extra cuddles, cuddles they wont always have an abundance of in the early weeks after the baby comes. There is food on the table, it may not be the healthiest food, but its food cooked in a clean kitchen, and they arent complaining. They have clean clothes to wear, even if were getting them out of baskets.

The point is, youre not a bad mom. If the worst thing you do today is let your kid watch a little too much tv, youre doing a damn good job. Try to relax. :hugs:

I've been feeling the same guilt but your words chicken mommy have put everything into perspective and I shall try not to feel as guilty, thank you xx

I feel the same and have only known for two weeks! Very early days and I feel so lazy and run down right now! Chicken mummy you summed it up really well xx

Completely normal don't be so hard on yourself xx

I've been feeling the same ! We have been eating so much take-out and once I'm home from work I do as little chores as I can handle then I'm plopped on the couch until it's time for bath and bed then once they're asleep I'm in bed myself! Which is usually as early as 8pm! So my kitchen has dirty dishes , my floor hasn't been mopped and laundry is piling to the roof lol
I do little bits here and there but I'm just so easily tired.
Hopefully it will pass soon

Thanks chicken mommy ur words make me feel better and everyone else that replied u have all reassured me. Thanks everyone. And ur right it's such a short time in all honesty so what if my house is messy and I too am not on top of the laundry. Thanks everyone I needed that lift xx

I feel exactly the same. I'm completely useless at the moment. I feel awful because I'm not doing as much as normal with my two year old. Tv is on more than normal etc as you have said. I really really hope I feel better soon, I'm just so nauseous and tired all the time and the last week I have felt really tearful. I'm 12 weeks on Thursday so I really hope the fog will lift. It's nice to know it's not just me! It was easy last time I could just sleep and work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->