feeling like i dont do enough

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
just been reading whisper's thread about what you and your LO does through the day and i feel like im not doing enough.

i dont get chance to do any house work or chores until joshua is in bed.

this how a usual day goes.

6:30am- joshua ready for a bottle and to get up but bring him into our bed and he sometimes fall back to sleep after his bottle.
8:00am- get up if we didnt get up at 6:30.
8:30am - nappy change and get dressed for the day.
8:30-9:30- naps for a bit.
10:00 - ready for a bottle.
usually sleeps after a bottle.
then may wake for a bit.

arrh ive had enough of doing the times. every day seems to be different.
joshua seems to be asleep alot.
the day consists of bottle,nappy change and sleep.

the only routine we have got is at night where
5:30 - bath (every other night)gets ready for bed.
6:30 - bottle
7.00ish - bed
2:00 ish - wakes for a bottle
6:30ish - wakes for another bottle. and usualy ready to get up.

the last few night hes been waking every 2 hours after his 2:00 bottle.

i feel really bad that his day only consists of bottle,nappy change and sleep.

im always made to feel guilty that he has a routine at night time(bed by 7.00) my dad always say it isnt nice as i (me) never had a routine.

dont get me wrong but i play with him.

i feel really down now.

;-(

Love it is only in the past month that I have been able to cook and clean the house again. Don't feel bad, new babies are a LOT of work and I for one, refuse to try to do it all.

:hugs: sweetie if i'd had a pound for everytime i've gone to bed crying over the same thing i would be a millionaire! samantha is completely right, with a baby it's impossible to do everything and i think all mums worry there not doing enough its part of motherhood :hugs: its only in the last 6 weeks i would say me and maddi get out, and thats with a lot of help from my mum, don't worry your doing a wonderful job :hugs: also its only in the latter weeks maddi has begun to play and i still wouldn't call it play exactly. as my OH says to me, all we can do with her, when she was born is cuddle her and tend to her needs, and its so true, it will all come with time :hugs:

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job, you have a very contented lil boy almost sleeping through the night.
Why does it matter that you never had a bedtime routine? It works for you and Joshua....Personally i think babies/children need a routine of some sort so they know what to expect next, it makes them feel safe and secure.

Everyone feels at some point that they could be doing more than they are, be it with or without children.

I always feel like i don't play with or entertain Amelia enough.

And housework, to be honest my hubby does 90% of the chores, i sort of maintain what he has done, when Amelia is sleeping or playing i might put some washing on or do the dishes, hang the clean stuff out to dry....its just little bits here and there when i can fit it in, and that i have only been doing the last couple of weeks.

Plus you have all the bottles and stuff and steriles, feeds to make up etc...i'm far to lazy for that!

Don't under estimate yourself i'm sure you do more than you realise! :D :hugs:

well the pots are stil on the kitchen side from last night.

ive always said to OH that i wish i had a bedtime routine when i was younger.

i was a nightmare at night when i was youngerand i always put it down to that i didnt have a routine.

when joshua goes to bed i,
* do bottles
* fold nappies if ive washed then the day before.
*put the washing on.
*have tea
by the time the evening comes im so tired but have too much to do to go to bed.

ah bless ya!

it will get easier i promise, dont be so hard on yourself!

Hi! :) I have no routine in the day. Today went like this...
7.30 kind of got up..Rebecca was sick all over our bed, herself, me, then her cot.
She fed a little to make sure she had enough milk in her to be sick again later! lol
8.00 she had a bath...know it should be nighttime but she screams so much when she's taken out of water it really winds her up too much
Dressed her after this and went downstairs. Put her in bouncy chair to watch tv Sicked everywhere
Changed her clothes, cleaned bouncy chair! lol
9ish (whatever time Lorraine Kelly starts) she decided she'd like nothing more than some more boob! Then had the winding, changing fiasco that follows
10 took her to post office in pushchair thinking she must be tired
did about 10 laps of the block till all pensioners had cleared the post office queue
11.30 back in house and she's been wide awake the whole time in pushchair..
left her coat on and took her to my mum's in the car..stayed awake!
Had the whole feed, wind, sick, change thing again (had a good 30 minute kick about on mat without her nappy)
Then had next feed! lol with little sleeps in between in my mum's arms. We then started trying to put her down in her moses basket which is now here at my mum's and she'll tolerate whilst here.
Eventually got her to sleep in there about 3.45! She's still there asleep now...did want to go home too! lol
And night-time is just a big round of feed, wind, cry, feed, wind, cry and on about 5th attempt she'll settle in her cot!lol

The one thing I worry about is tummy time...she simply doesn't get any. She doesn't like being face down and so it's torture to watch her!

You're doin great with Joshua and your day seems a lot more settled than mine. TBH at the sight of my pots I usually jump in the car and come to my mum's! Oh, and all that sicky washing from this morning and my wet bath towels? All in a pile at top of the stairs...they'll still be there later! :)

You sound like you're doing fine! He is only still little. Grace is a nightmare, I don't get 5 minutes to myself really, you'd be appalled by how messy this house is right now! I get bored too but once he is a bit more independent things will get better :hugs:

lizzie-

rebecca being sick sounds like joshua.

i had to strip him completely 3 times last night co was sick.
picked him up out of bouncy this morning and wam sick all over me him floor bouncy and sofa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->