Feeling like something is wrong (updated after scan)

Rebaby

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
I am 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant today. As some of you will know already, we had a scan last week at 6+6 and everything was perfect, the heartbeat was seen, baby was measuring well for dates (in fact 1 day ahead), all was good.

Basically since then my symptoms have been disappearing one by one. Now please don't get me wrong, i know symptoms come and go, and mine have been doing that the past couple of weeks, i have had days when some aren't noticeable and others are and days when i only have one or two indicators i am pregnant, and the a couple of days later they'll all come back with a vengeance...but this is different, they are going, and not coming back. First the nausea went and then my food cravings and super sense of smell, the day after the scan i stopped having the mild (?stretching) cramps that i'd been having most days, also over the weekend i didn't have any headaches. The only things left really were my constipation (which i finally managed to 'do something about' yesterday :blush: ) sore boobs and increased cm and as of this morning, they are all gone too :cry:

I called EPAU first thing and they won't see me because a. they're fully booked all week b. "it's normal for symptoms to come and go" and c. i'm not bleeding, or even spotting

The midwife told me to call my GP and see if he/she would be willing to take bloods for HCG levels today and in a couple of days time and if they are falling well THEN they will see me...:hissy: I have had to call in work sick for today as i was in a real state this morning, i ended up bawling down the phone. I want to be positive and think everything is okay, and for the past couple of days i have been keeping a cheerful face on, thinking- well i still have some symptoms, they haven't all deserted me...but now i feel really anxious and upset and since there is nothing i can do about it completely helpless and frustrated.

I'd like to just think oh sod it, and pay for a private scan, but we just don't have the money right now so that's not even an option.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks,

:hug:

UPDATE
08/04/09
Just went to have my second lot of blood taken and the phlebotomist told me my result from Monday...3484 :cry: she thought i would find it reassuring as it is "high" (her words) but it isn't at all...i am absolutely devastated. Those bloods were taken at 7+4, having already seen the HB at 6+6...there is no way they should be that low. Everything i have read says levels between 7 and 8 weeks should be at least double that. I was expecting 7,000 or more :cry: I can't believe this is happening.

A doctor is calling me at 10am tomorrow to let me know what todays result is. I almost want to unplug the phone, i am so sure they must be falling

UPDATE
09/04/09
Ok now i REALLY can't believe this is happening. First of all, the woman who took my blood yesterday read the result WRONG! And not even a little bit wrong. I didn't think that kind of thing actually happened in real life so it hadn't even entered my head (although my OH was hoping for it) and in fact my levels were 83,484 :saywhat:

My doctor called this morning and he was just fantastic. My levels are rising but not as quickly as he would hope. Yesterday they had gone up to 91,000

He said there was some disagreement among the nurses and midwives about how much they should be rising by at this stage and that EPAU were still reluctant to scan me since i have no pain or bleeding right now. But that he felt it was unfair on us, after all this to make us wait until the dating scan to know for sure what was going on. So he has managed to get us a scan tomorrow at 10am. He said he felt very encouraged that they were rising but he would have liked to have seen a bigger jump.

So essentially we still don't know what is really going on but by god i feel so much better this morning. I was in floods of tears yesterday going through every scenario. At least now we should have a clearer picture this time tomorrow.

Thank you for all the fantastic support everyone has shown. I will update again tomorrow.

*UPDATE 10/04/09*
We are home from the scan and all is well :dance: I am so happy i don't know what to do with myself!

Baby is measuring slightly ahead of dates (8+3...which would make it an immaculate conception :blush: :rofl: )but they are confident about dating me at 8+1 today so EDD is 19th November. Heartbeat was clearly visible flickering away lovely and fast and he/she is looking incredibly comfy :cloud9:

As we have now had two scans and one at over 8 weeks they have cancelled my dating scan at 10+5 and will use the dates from today. I have to admit i am a little :shock: at the idea of waiting until the 20 week scan now to see bubba again, but who knows we may end up paying for a private scan between now and then if i can't wait 12 weeks!

I am feeling so relieved and happy it is untrue. I have been on tenterhooks all week, not allowing myself to think about actually being pregnant too much in case all wasn't well. I feel like now i am free to enjoy it and plan for the future.

Thank you all so so much for all the wonderful messages and support, don't know how i would have survived this week otherwise! :hugs:

Massive :hug: to everyone.

Hi - I don't really know what to say apart from I'm feeling very similar at the moment, my only remaining symptom is sore boobs, but then I never really had any others anyway apart from being very tired!!!

Keep trying to think positive because your state of mind is important for the progression of your pregnancy!

Good Luck

Amy xx

Oh huni im keeping my F'X that the symptoms return, I know how worrying it is especially in our shoes but I really hope they do the bloods and everything is ok hun xxxxxx

aww sweetie big hugs xxxx

its a bit mental how much we cling to the sore boobs and morning sickness but its re-assuring aint it, i hope u spew this afternoon :p lol

hi hun,:hugs: i think you are worrying more because of what happend last time, it would be more worrying if u were bleeding too, but your not so ok im no expert but i reckon your little bean is all wrapped up and cosy :) My sicknes has also gone and i have been worrying myself silly too, just wish this scan appointment would hurry then id feel much better, my thoughts are with u and PMA! :hugs:

Oh no, HUGS girlie, I will be thinking of you!! xox

Thank you :hugs:

I went to the doctors this morning and she was kind but didn't seem optimistic...:cry: she took my blood and i have to go back wednesday morning for more taking. She seemed hopeful that i'll have an answer as to whether my levels are rising/falling/what they're doing...by thursday. So right now it is just wait and see and keeping all our fingers and everything crossed.

I thought everything had gone and i had been left with NO symptoms whatsoever but actually i still have a lot of cm (tmi?!) which is making me absurdly hopeful.

I am just so frightened, as when i MC'd last time my symptoms started to fade on the thursday, they were all gone by friday, i started spotting late friday afternoon and by saturday morning the MC was in full swing :cry: so i feel like i am tenterhooks waiting for something to happen...or not...

Thanks for all your support anyway :hug:

Well try to stay optimistc until your bloods are in!! I don't think MW will be optimistic incase it turns out for the worst but I'm sure eveything will be fine. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you chick!! xx

PS where abouts in Cheshire are you?? Which hospital?

xx

Try to have hope hun, I know that it's hard sometimes but things still look good right now as your not bleeding. Good luck on the bloods and I hope they come back with the reassurance you need. You never know with any luck the day you get your results you'll be hung over the toilet for hours.

Good luck for blood results. I'm also worrying that i don't feel pregnant anymore. I think it's natural for us to worry after what we've been through. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you xxx

Take it from me most midwifes wont show any optimism until you are 12 weeks! the attitude i have got both times in my pregnancies are see you in 12 weeks 'if you make it'! So don't be worried by them at all.
Try not and worry about the symptom thing too much. With my first pregnancy i had zero symptoms, and i mean NOTHING! no sore boobs, no nausea, no headaches, no cramps, no spotting nothing at all and was sure at my 12 week scan there would be nothing there. So my only advice is think positive and hopefully when you get these blood done it will put your mind at ease xx

ReBaby, here is my post in another thread. Hope it makes you feel better. https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/117376-dont-feel-pregnant.html#post1868277

Oh rebaby,

I dont have any pregnancy symptoms at all !!! the only thing i have telling me im pregnant is sore boobs but im trying not to let it stress me out,the last time i was pregnant i was v.v ill had every symptom going and unfortunately that didnt end well.
Please try and not stress to much as its not good for you or bubs (i bet your sick of hearing that)!!!The cm is a symptom though so thats a good sign!!!
Will keep everything crossed that your bloods go ok

Thankyou all :hugs:

PS where abouts in Cheshire are you?? Which hospital?xx

I'm booked at Macclesfield hun, what about you?

Booked in at stepping hill. My sister is booked in a macc though and she had her little boy there 18 months ago! She's due in 4 weeks!

Got my first midwife appointment in poynton tomorrow, am really nervous that they won't let me have a twelve week scan!!

Oh yeah, macc charge £5 now for 3 scan pics so my sis said, so take some cash with you

Good Luck, I'm sure everything will be ok xx

Sorry to hear you're so worried at the moment. I hope that your bloods come back good on Thursday.

I was very tearful most of yesterday but during the night i swear my boobs were uncomfy again (they're fine today!)

In any case i am feeling a lot more positive today, a combination of things i think, my mum was very supportive and encouraging when i talked to her last night, saying people made her worry during her pregnancy with me, that she should "feel more" but she just didn't really have that many symptoms.

It is a nice sunny day, and i am trying to think positive for the results. The blood test is tomorrow morning, and then i have been told to expect a telephone call from my GP around 10am Thursday morning to let me know what my levels are doing. I am staying off work until i know what is going on, and they are being very supportive and kind, although i do feel bad about being off. Just trying to relax, and OH is really being great.

I will update as soon as i hear.

Thanks girls :hug:

Hi rebaby,

I was at the docs this morning cause i have no pregnancy symptoms and was talking to him he said that pregnancy varies from woman to woman and that one person having all the symptoms and another having none doesnt mean anything and that it doesnt make one pregnancy more viable over the other one.
He said not to worry the fact is you have had the positive pregnancy tests and that is all you can go off until the scan but you have had a scan and know that all is well.
Am glad to hear that your feeling more positive today though :)

Well after a lovely day yesterday feeling positive, today all my hopes have been shattered by the result of the 1st lot of blood taken on Monday. I have updated the original post :cry:

aww rebaby hunni, dont lose that faith, wait for the call frm dr and talk it all out with them, xxx

got my fingers crossed for you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->