Feeling like the only one that wants a boy.

katealim

Reaction score
I am desperately hoping that this baby turns out to be a boy. Think I must be crazy as everyone seems to want a girl so badly. I have always pictured myself with a son so when we fell pregnant with our first I dreamt of a little boy; my husband really didn't have a preference but insisted from the get go that we would have a daughter. He was right...our daughter is now 9. With our second pregnancy I again hoped for a boy and again my husband thought girl right away. Right again although this time he really had hoped for a son. I was devestated that we would be having another daughter, (she is now 7). Now we are expecting our third and last child and I can't help hoping that we will finally get our little boy. My husband is getting desperate for a son now too as he is sorely out numbered; but again he is insisting that this one is another girl. I'm already devestated that he must be right; afterall we have 2 daughters already and I'm losing faith that we can even make boys! I can't get my hoped up at all this time and to make matters worse all my friends are announcing that they are having or have just had boys. I feel guilty for wanting a son and not another daughter but if I am honest with myself I know I'll be crushed if and when they say it's a girl!!! All my family is certain that it will be another girl as well. I absolutely adore my daughters and wouldn't trade them for the world but am I the only one wanting a boy???

It does always seem to be the other way around that i hear, but it must be just the same for you, desperately wanting a boy. I hope you get the boy you crave xxx

:hugs: I really hope you get your little boy. I can relate to the feeling of wondering whether you're even capable of producing a particular gender. It's a hopeless feeling :hugs:

i hope you get your boy hun :hugs: i think there are more frequently women wanting girls BUT im sure there are plenty that want boys too. Personally i have two boys and i love them to pieces! Though i really desire a girl. To me, what youre coping with, is essentially the same thing as what the ones with boys that want girls are coping with, just a different gender is all....:dust:

Im so happy i decided to join this group. Parts of your story sound so similar to mine and its nice to know youre not alone. I am basically the only girl in my whole family, cousins and everything, and DH has 3 brothers. My oldest daughter, almost 10, is from a previous relationship when i was very young and even though she was unplanned i went forward with it and when i found out she was going to be a girl i was so happy because i didnt think id ever end up with a baby girl. I got back together with my now DH (who ive known since i was much younger) and we ended up getting pregnant and we both wanted a boy since we already had a girl (he adopted my oldest). We go for the ultrasound to find out the gender and sure enough.. another girl. Here i am thinking my whole life id never have girls and now i have 2! My youngest daughter is now 6. We were both sad that we werent having a boy but once we had her all those thoughts went away. Fast forward to now.. we have decided we are ready to try for another one and are desperatly hoping to have a boy. We both feel thats whats missing in our family. DH says he obviously wants a boy but will be ok with a girl but i know how bad he wants a boy.. as do i. DH is also out numbered so when we got pets we got boys :winkwink: . In my head i have a boy name picked out.. what he might look like.. its as if hes already a little person to me. I think i may even be more disappointed then i know DH will be. I dont know if we would try for a fourth if this next one ends up being a girl. With a nearly 10 year old the thought of starting over at the baby stage is overwhelming enough as it is and we are really doing this in high hopes of having a boy. If we already had one of each i dont know that we would be trying right now. I always only wanted 2 kids and definitely not an age gap this big.

Hopefully we both get our boys!

Im so happy i decided to join this group. Parts of your story sound so similar to mine and its nice to know youre not alone. I am basically the only girl in my whole family, cousins and everything, and DH has 3 brothers. My oldest daughter, almost 10, is from a previous relationship when i was very young and even though she was unplanned i went forward with it and when i found out she was going to be a girl i was so happy because i didnt think id ever end up with a baby girl. I got back together with my now DH (who ive known since i was much younger) and we ended up getting pregnant and we both wanted a boy since we already had a girl (he adopted my oldest). We go for the ultrasound to find out the gender and sure enough.. another girl. Here i am thinking my whole life id never have girls and now i have 2! My youngest daughter is now 6. We were both sad that we werent having a boy but once we had her all those thoughts went away. Fast forward to now.. we have decided we are ready to try for another one and are desperatly hoping to have a boy. We both feel thats whats missing in our family. DH says he obviously wants a boy but will be ok with a girl but i know how bad he wants a boy.. as do i. DH is also out numbered so when we got pets we got boys :winkwink: . In my head i have a boy name picked out.. what he might look like.. its as if hes already a little person to me. I think i may even be more disappointed then i know DH will be. I dont know if we would try for a fourth if this next one ends up being a girl. With a nearly 10 year old the thought of starting over at the baby stage is overwhelming enough as it is and we are really doing this in high hopes of having a boy. If we already had one of each i dont know that we would be trying right now. I always only wanted 2 kids and definitely not an age gap this big.

Hopefully we both get our boys!

Our stories really do sound similar. We also never thought we'd have such an age gap...our oldest will be 10 before this one comes and our youngest just turned 7 on the 1st and we also had to get a male dog just for DH, lol. Good luck with ttc a boy let me know how it goes. We are expecting in October so it will be a while yet before we know what this little one is.

Thank you to everyone for responding and for the words of encouragement. I really do feel like our situations are the same just a different gender...but the feelings are the same. Hopefully all of us who are trying again or expecting again will get our mixed gender families. It will be a while yet before we know what we are having this time.

My oldest will be 10 in June and the other turned 6 in December. We just started TTC 2 months ago and it isnt happening as easy as it did before. If it sticks this month we will have another December baby.. which im not going to lie is one thing i definitely didnt want.. but we dont want to put it off in case it takes a while.

I've wanted a boy for my last 2 pregnancies. When we had our gender scan for our last baby I cried when I saw those 3 white lines....again.
I know DH really wants a son and I feel so bad I can't seem to give him one :cry:
I do know that when I get pg again (have to keep trying, right?) I'm staying team yellow as I went through months of depression from 16 weeks when I found out.
I have to add before people really hate me - I adore my youngest DD and wouldn't change her for a boy now....shes amazing :cloud9:

I've wanted a boy for my last 2 pregnancies. When we had our gender scan for our last baby I cried when I saw those 3 white lines....again.
I know DH really wants a son and I feel so bad I can't seem to give him one :cry:
I do know that when I get pg again (have to keep trying, right?) I'm staying team yellow as I went through months of depression from 16 weeks when I found out.
I have to add before people really hate me - I adore my youngest DD and wouldn't change her for a boy now....shes amazing :cloud9:

We wont hate you in this forum :hugs:

KateAlim, I think if I only had girls, I might've been desperate for a boy. I'm not sure if my feelings would've been to the same extend, but still. I think most of us mommies want both genders, I guess.

Bigmomma, I'm on team yellow too, and I think part of me gave into the rest of the family (hubby and the 3 kids all voted for team yellow) because I'm scared I won't enjoy my pregnancy as much if it turns out to be another boy. While I know that when the baby is born, I will immediately love and cherish it, does not matter what gender. To me, until age 2 or 3, a baby is a baby. I'm looking forward to cuddling a newborn so much, that I know it won't matter then what gender the baby is. :cloud9:

More Babies, I too struggled this time to fall pregnant. Not too long, it took 5 months, but with the others it took 1 month. So just hang in there!! Are you doing gender swaying? I wanted to, but misjudged things and I think I got impatient to just fall pregnant, not caring at that moment which gender it would be! And to be honest, I couldn't stand the diet needed for a little girl, LOL. I hate dairy!

We are still up for debate on the whole team yellow this time round. Problem is I want to find out, (like we did with both our girls) but my DH doesn't. So at the moment we are still in a holding pattern. Lol. Part of me wants to wait so that if it isn't a boy I won't spend half my preg. upset but then part of me wants that time to come to terms. The way I see it, if it does turn out to be a boy I will probably be shocked and speechless no matter when I find out and if it is another girl that wouldn't surprise me anyways. Oh well, at least we have some time to debate which team we will be. Either way I'm sure I'll still scrutinize that 12 week scan till my eyes burn! :haha:

Bigmomma: I know exactly how you feel. I also feel like I just can't give my DH a son even if it is really up to him...I can't help but feeling like I'm failing somehow.

Either way I'm sure I'll still scrutinize that 12 week scan till my eyes burn! :haha:
:thumbup: I do that too! I'm 22 weeks, and I look at all my sonar pics almost daily, trying to figure out the nub, the skull, anything that might give me a clue to the gender! :haha:

Either way I'm sure I'll still scrutinize that 12 week scan till my eyes burn! :haha:
:thumbup: I do that too! I'm 22 weeks, and I look at all my sonar pics almost daily, trying to figure out the nub, the skull, anything that might give me a clue to the gender! :haha:

When will you be able to get a gender scan to confirm???
In the country I live in, if you're on private medical insurance, you get a scan every 4 weeks of your pregnancy. So I can ask the gender any time I want to, but we took a family vote, and all 3 children plus hubby voted to be on team Yellow. So, we're waiting until the birth. I'm excited about it, but also dying to know already! :cloud9:

As far as gender swaying I haven't looked into it too much. Really just the shettles method but DH didn't want to go along with it because he was too afraid of missing ovulation. As far as diets go I could never change mine.. im just way too picky!

I could never wait to find out the sex of the baby. Im waaayyyyy too impatient for that!

As far as gender swaying I haven't looked into it too much. Really just the shettles method but DH didn't want to go along with it because he was too afraid of missing ovulation. As far as diets go I could never change mine.. im just way too picky!

Ya we didn't really use any swaying methods as it took us 2 years to get prego with our first and almost a year with our second. I figure if we only tried at certain times we'd be sending at least one off to college before we'd be expecting again! :haha:

I did do Shettles religiously with my last baby.....didn't work :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->