• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Feeling movements?

baby2010x

Reaction score
When did you experience your baby's movements?

I'm 17+3 I have felt a few flutters/ bubbles since about 15 weeks but for the last few days I'm not sure if I've felt anything?

Just looking for some reassurance x

Baby could be facing the other way hun! Plus at this stage if he/she has got into a different position it could make the movements hard to feel, as they are still so little.

Have you tried having a sugary or hot drink and lying still for a while? A cup of tea always sets my LO off wriggling! xxx

I felt this baby from 14-15 weeks but not every day until around 20 weeks. Even now some days I barely notice baby and other days it doesn't stop. I have an anterior placenta though, which might have something to do with it. Try not to worry.

Try not to worry. With my first i didnt feel flutters untill about 17 weeks, then proper kicks at about 18/19weeks. Some people don't feel kicks untill later than 20weeks.

I'm 17+6 and I was only feeling odd flutters until yesterday, all of a sudden I'm feeling something every day, even think I felt a distinct kick.

Try not to worry, I'm sure it will happen soon and it all depends where baby likes to sit :)

My bubs will have a really active day then a quiet day or two - which makes me worried but it is completely normal this early on :D

How many weeks is it that you should feel moments every day and when you should be concerned ? I'm 18 weeks and feel baby most days but some days it's very quiet, with my dd I didn't go by kicks per hour as she had a pattern and I would follow that - I'm looking out for one here

20/24 weeksish they'll get more regular, then after 24 weeks is when mws advise you to kick count. That's from what I've read :) x

I felt tiny movements at 19 weeks with my first, but nothing more obvious until quite a lot later, around 22 weeks. Nothing yet this time and this placenta is anterior too so it'll probably be a similar timeframe.

Me too!!! A few days ago, babies were very active but now I feel barely nothing. Im just assuming that the babies must have flipped in a way that I just can't feel those strong movements. Still though, I always worry. I don't think you can expect to feel baby move on a regular basis until last Tri. Remember, at this point they still have room to roam and their bones are now starting to harden.

I felt it inside from about 18 weeks, OH felt faint movement at 19+4 but wasnt anything strong til about 22 weeks x

I felt occasional fluttery sensations I thought might be the baby from around 14 weeks, but I'm still not sure if that was it! I didn't start feeling actual pokes and kicks that I knew for sure were him until around 19 weeks. Like others have said, there can be a lot of factors--I apparently have an anterior placenta, so I'm surprised I felt him as early as I did now!

How many weeks is it that you should feel moments every day and when you should be concerned ? I'm 18 weeks and feel baby most days but some days it's very quiet, with my dd I didn't go by kicks per hour as she had a pattern and I would follow that - I'm looking out for one here

I wouldn't worry about it yet! I've looked at various sources online, and it sounds like the standard time to start counting movements and confirming they're regular isn't until 28 weeks. So before then I'm sure it's normal to have quiet periods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"